Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

05 cranks but wont fire

Old 01-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
LjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: SPC, B co DSTB 4ID
LjHarp's Tacoma Gallery
05 cranks but wont fire

I tried the search but couldnt come up with anything...

did all the trouble shooting i could and found out that my injectors are not poping. i found that out because i trouble shot the fuel pump and fuel pressure. and then hooked up a test light to the injector and nothing... I dont have the up to date program to get a code from the code reader.

the mechainc that was helping me said it was most likly my cam or crank shaft position sensor is their another likly cause?

the situation was it started great in the morning drove to work parked and when i got off work i went to start it and I got nothing but it cranking but not fireing

thanks in advance for any help
Old 01-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Akron1 will become famous soon enoughAkron1 will become famous soon enough
Name: David
Akron1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Akron1 Send a message via Skype™ to Akron1
Sounds like the security system to me. My sister had this problem with her Corolla. She went and had a steel key cut to fit her car. It unlocked the doors and turned the ignition just fine. The engine would crank just like you describe, but it wouldn't fire for anything. She put the original key with the radio chip in and it fired right up. I'd check that system before I went around messing with cams.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
LjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: SPC, B co DSTB 4ID
LjHarp's Tacoma Gallery
^^ dude I can not thank you enough.. I cut all the plastic off the vallet key because my dog chewed it up and I needed a place to put it on my ring which removed the security chip im guessing and well found my other set of keys and if fired right up.... you just saved me a ton of time and headachs thank you again
Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony Mandarich
builthatch's Tacoma Gallery
fantastic resolution! great job Akron1.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I hate that chip in the key my dog chewed up my key too and now I only have one set of keys and the dealership they over charge you to get a new key freakin gay
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You are lucky the ECU didn't lock you out. After sever tries with a key without a chip the ECU will lock up and even using the proper key won't work. At that point it is time to visit your local dealer.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #7
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akron1 View Post
Sounds like the security system to me. My sister had this problem with her Corolla. She went and had a steel key cut to fit her car. It unlocked the doors and turned the ignition just fine. The engine would crank just like you describe, but it wouldn't fire for anything. She put the original key with the radio chip in and it fired right up. I'd check that system before I went around messing with cams.
Pos rep for this guy!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #8
Akron1 will become famous soon enoughAkron1 will become famous soon enough
Name: David
Akron1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Akron1 Send a message via Skype™ to Akron1
Glad it was that simple.