Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

100k mile warranty ?

Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
100k mile warranty ?

Ok so I have the 100k mile warranty, I am not going to toyota for every oil change.

I intend to do everything myself, oil change, tranny flush, plugs etc.

How do I prove to them I did this incase I need warranty work?

Will receipts be good enough?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Knock on wood, I have never had to provide documents to prove oil changes were done and I do all my own work. I think most dealerships can assess the routine maintenance of your truck has or has not been done by it's overall apperance. I keep my truck in pristine condition, so most dealers are assured that I also do the upkeep maintenance. I haven't met too many car owners who keep their cars in immaculate apperance but let the routine maintenance go by the way side. Just keep receipts of oil filters and oil if it makes you feel better. I just document when I do my maintenance in the maintenance tracker book that came with the owners manual.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought mine on december 31st, and it seemed like the dealership couldnt push it enough that they HAVE to do all the oil changes on it in order to keep the warranty going. idk, my first5 oil changes are free thru toyota and the dealership picks up the tab for every sixth one, so im thinking ill just spend the money every 5000 miles and have them do the service since they dont JUST do the oil change. they reseal your windows, rotate your tires, do a 19-point inspection, wash it up nice and pretty, and top off all the other fluids. plus, if i dont have them do all the service on my truck, i void the free tire replacements for the life of the truck warranty, which is a good deal since they will give me free tires every 25k miles as long as i own the truck...
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #4
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
every state I've happened to live in, burden of proof has been on the dealer by law. If you read your warranty book it will have a star at the end that says "unless otherwise dictated by law". Like the ford warranties (don't know if they still do it) if you do anything it voids the warranty. Cept it was 50 state illegal. Just a scare tactic.

So, basically if you do anything to your car, they have to prove your work (or suspected lack of) actually happened and was what caused a failure.

That being said, when I worked at a dealership, when idiots, guidos, malakas, would come in in sports cars with bent push rods, they'd get one repair then black listed.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I just keep the little book toyota gave for maint up to date.
Throw receipts in for what I buy (oil, filters etc.)
Annotate date, miles when finished.