Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

taco under the knife

Old 04-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up taco under the knife

took my truck into the dealer today they resufaced my brakes and fixed my alignment underwarenty. as for the engine tick there is a TSB like i found on all data for new exhaust manifolds but they had to order them so next week it goes back
Old 04-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
update pulsation fixed, i now feel the vibration from 20 down not to bad i can deal with it after all it is a truck. alignment is still off im gonna check it my self at work this week and when it goes back next weekend for the exhaust manifolds ima have them redo the alignment
Old 04-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the one nice thing about being a tech with access to an alignment machine. you can put the dealer in there place with just a little bit of your time. We have a new hunter machine at my dealer
Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #4
dukestacoma is on a distinguished road
dukestacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post
took my truck into the dealer today they resufaced my brakes and fixed my alignment underwarenty. as for the engine tick there is a TSB like i found on all data for new exhaust manifolds but they had to order them so next week it goes back
What have you found regarding the engine tick?...my 07 tacoma does the same thing and the dealer tells me it is normal.
thanks,
dukestacoma
Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #5

evile's Tacoma Gallery
they have a TSB for updated exhaust manifolds i made a post here about it also
Old 04-27-2007, 05:54 AM   #6
dukestacoma is on a distinguished road
dukestacoma's Tacoma Gallery
what is a TSB?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM   #7
A2Mich is on a distinguished road

A2Mich's Tacoma Gallery
Technical Service Bulletin........technical advice for dealers about known repair issues that are not recall issues.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a site that lists all the TSB's for the 2nd gen taco's? i'm sure it's on toyotas site but i'm busy as hell and dont have time to weed through random sites. If anyone has time a direct link would be much appreciated
Old 04-28-2007, 07:19 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I don't think they advertise TSBs. Most of them are done without customers even knowing or being charged.

Example: I had a Subaru that had a whirring sound when I brought it in for its 100,000 mile checkup. There was a TSB on the timing cover and they replaced it. I didn't even know. When I asked him why it sounded so much quieter (I thought a turbo-boxer engine sounded like that), he said, "There was a little known problem that we took care of for you. Don't worry, Subaru paid for it."

I looked it up later to find that it was a TSB...
Old 04-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
as a tech yea there are a lot of tsb's out there
Old 04-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #11

evile's Tacoma Gallery
seems they canceled out alldata subscription or didnt renew it so i cant look up stuff any more =(
Old 04-29-2007, 06:49 AM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post
seems they canceled out alldata subscription or didnt renew it so i cant look up stuff any more =(
NOOOOO!!!!!!!

-That's okay. We know its not your fault. Oh well.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #13
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
so what is the best way to find TSB's? google?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #14
A2Mich is on a distinguished road

A2Mich's Tacoma Gallery
you may never find them, as they are not published for the public...but you never know....One thing to remember, TSB's are not necessarily warranty repairs. If your vehicle is within its warranty period, the TSB may be performed on your vehicle at no charge to you, if your vehicle is experiencing the problem described in the TSB, or may be performed regardless, depending on the instructions from the automaker (usually they are only done of the customer complains of said condition)......but good luck finding them!