Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Secure bed storage options?

Old 08-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #41
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar 319 View Post
We are road tripping it to go see the Reno Air Races and visit my wifes family in the Reno (NV) area next month. I have been advised by the CEO of the family (the Wife) that it is not in the budget to buy a shell for the Taco. Because of this, and gas prices she wants to take her VW Jetta. Here are the problems.

1. Jetta's are gay. She looks hot as hell in it, but when I am forced to drive it I feel like smuggling sausages.
2. It's a VW with 64k on it. It WILL break down.
3. It is small and gutless. 1600 miles round trip with 2 kids....ah hell no.
4. It is not my nearly new, sweet ass reliable, fast, room for the kids, 20+ mpg highway Toyota Tacoma.

So, I can not afford the 2k for the Snugtop or Leer shells I have been looking at.
Besides selling pictures of my wife to make the money, what is a cost effective way to hall luggage and personal items with out them being stolen, blow out or rained on? Any ideas?
Haha I go thru the same thing! My girlfriend has a blue 04 jetta, shes hot and she looks hot driving it. I hate driving it, even when shes with me, def feel a little fruity in it, and yes it did die on us one time, (87,000m) i got it going but that was the last time for me. Shes gotta get used driving the 6sp!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #42
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I know I'm arriving late to this, but my wife has a '99 Jetta VR6 with over 100,000 miles on it and we have had no trouble with it.

I would always choose to drive it on a road trip over the Taco. It's much faster than my Tacoma, handles better, gets better gas milage, and is more comfortable.

I love my truck, but after spending all day in it, driving from job site to job site, I can't wait to get out of it.

So, I say put the wife AND kids in the Taco and have fun in the Jetta!!

GA

Oh, and get a Leer cap for it.