LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do you ever drive a bit too hard in the hopes...?

View Poll Results: Do you thrash on your rig hoping to break something so you can "upgrade" it?
Never 187 77.27%
My Id makes me do it. 5 2.07%
My Ego makes me do it. 10 4.13%
My Superego won't let me have any fun. 9 3.72%
subconciously... wait, I'm aware of it. 23 9.50%
All the f-n time!!! 18 7.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
Post Do you ever drive a bit too hard in the hopes...?

Occasionally I find myself ragging the truck out a little too hard. I've contemplated why I partake in the abuse of my very expensive truck when I don't exactly have have disposable money falling out of my pockets. I think it starts as a subconcious effort to break something on my rig so that I can "justify" upgrading it. Once I've started, it self perpetuates with a big grin and menicial laugh!

My question to you all:
Quote:
Do you ever thrash on your rigs secretly hoping to break something so you can upgrade it?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Way too much Freud for most to answer your question.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like a terrible idea.

Too much chance you'll unintentionally break something else you didn't intend to.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Lol!! I find myself hittin the gas a little extra hard sometimes in hopes to ware down my tires. I'm hoping if they ware down enough, I can show my girlfriend and justify spending shit loads on new tires. So yes... I have found myself feelings this way. I've also learned to not care about my bumpers; I want new and better ones!! I also don't have money flowing out of my pockets. Is this a sickness?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm always looking for weak points in my truck.

And I usually find them.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
phoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
phoneguy44's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to phoneguy44
Somehow I find this idea psychotic. And you my fellow taco brother a little off your rocker if you actually believe that.

Like xJuice said, you'd probably not hit your mark and injure the truck else where.

Who are we kiddin here...... this is just plain stupid.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #7
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I do just the opposite, lol. I'm too broke to consistently break things, just to upgrade them.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #8
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
This is a stupid thread
Old 01-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #9
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Way too much Freud for most to answer your question.
wikipedia my friend! ..but true. Hence the answers "never" and all the "f-n time"

Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #10
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
This is a stupid thread
Your opinion, while appreciated, is wrong. Thank you for posting .

I will post a specific example. I offroad my truck whenever I find opportunity. I want to do a SAS or LT conversion. However, I can't really justify it. HOWEVER, if I am out wheeling and I find that the front end just can't cope with my intended usage, I have a valid reason to upgrade.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post

And I usually find them.
Understand about the sad face..... but you are the poster child for this thread! I love your truck. Sometimes I think about rolling my truck so I can justify stealing yours.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #12
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperstd View Post
Your opinion, while appreciated, is wrong. Thank you for posting .

I will post a specific example. I offroad my truck whenever I find opportunity. I want to do a SAS or LT conversion. However, I can't really justify it. HOWEVER, if I am out wheeling and I find that the front end just can't cope with my intended usage, I have a valid reason to upgrade.
The way you worded the topic is that you try and break things so you can change them, which is stupid. Not exactly clear on your intent.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

have you looked behing the wheel?

Old 01-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post

ROFL

And for the haters among you: You have never once in your life done a burnout? You have never pushed anything you own past its limits before?

I like finding the limits of my gear and toys. I like upgrading things. I like tinkering. I like designing. I am a test engineer, it is in my nature to push something to its breaknig point.

If I want to jump my truck off a bridge to see the carnage, guess what, it is my truck and money.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Always.

Honestly, that's why I have to keep upgrading things on my truck. With so little seat time in the desert I need to make the truck as forgiving as possible while I gain experience.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #17
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Seriously...wake the hell up. What's wrong with you?
What's wrong with me? hmmm... I am an engineer? I have "the knack"? I'm not a soccer-mom ?

Seriously though, it isn't like I go out trying to break something. But there have been many occasions when I was out wheeling and the thought, "gee, if this breaks, I can upgrade and improve it!" crossed my mind.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #18
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Always.

Honestly, that's why I have to keep upgrading things on my truck. With so little seat time in the desert I need to make the truck as forgiving as possible while I gain experience.

Is there really much around where you live that you can test?
Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #19
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Is there really much around where you live that you can test?
Well, half of NJ is a wasteland... but I don't think hammering around Elizabeth counts as desert racing time .
Old 01-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #20

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Potholes and road construction can only cycle the suspension so much.