LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 Passenger seat belt tension

Old 01-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
SeniorSpan will become famous soon enoughSeniorSpan will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 30 Yrs Logistics and Intel
Name: Bob
SeniorSpan's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Passenger seat belt tension

G'day all,

The passenger seat belt on my 2011 4x4 DC SB (560 miles to date), when not in use, bangs against the door up right when going over slight bumps. The belts on my 2004 had much more tension on them when on in use than the 2011 and did not exhibit the same characteristics until I got off road.

So, to the question: is increasing the tension on the seat belts a dealer issue or can I jump in with wrenches in hand a tackle this one by my self?

Cheers

Bob
Old 01-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
LOL I've got the same dang problem! I constantly reach over and try to wrap it around the passenger seat. Gotta find something to "deaden" the sound or maybe glue some felt to the back of it. Drives me bonkers for sure...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #4
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
LOL I've got the same dang problem! I constantly reach over and try to wrap it around the passenger seat. Gotta find something to "deaden" the sound or maybe glue some felt to the back of it. Drives me bonkers for sure...

Try this....

Got tired of the buckle banging on the hard plastic on rough roads.
Sticky-backed felt pad cut to size from Home Depot.
Seat Belt Buckle Pad

These are used to put under furniture.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
^Awesome. Definitely doing in this weekend, thanks mang!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #7
SeniorSpan will become famous soon enoughSeniorSpan will become famous soon enough
Thanks,

I had thought of the velcro fix but was wondering if the tension adjustment was a quick process allowing me to avoid gluing velcro strips to the cab and seat belt.

Will ask the dealer when I check on the rear spring TSB.

Cheers

Bob
Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in mind the seatbelt height adjustment when fastening the cushion.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Talked the service rep at Liberty Toyota, Colorado Springs. There's absolutely no tension adjustment on the seat belt retractor. Seems there are electrical servos now connected for additional safety. So it looks like velcro. Thanks for the inputs.

Cheers

Bob