Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

East Coast Gear sliders

Old 01-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
East Coast Gear sliders

thinking of pulling the trigger on the ecg sliders.anybody have them.whats your likes/dis-likes about them.can get them for $300 shipped,un painted.thanks for any input.on these sliders.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Look good in pics... curious to see installed pics.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
are the 2nd gen sliders 78"? Seems kind of short, i thought they were 80/82"'s. Also description says will fit DC/Extended Cab models but not Access Cab?? AFAIK AC/DC Sliders are the same size. I would like to know, i could drive and have them weld em on.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
My concern is that the sliders are like $240 a pair. Most of the high quality brand sliders are running close to that per slider. Makes me wonder about the materials of those ECG units...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
My concern is that the sliders are like $240 a pair. Most of the high quality brand sliders are running close to that per slider. Makes me wonder about the materials of those ECG units...

Dunno....pulled from their slider kit info:

Sliders are made from 1.75x.120 HREW steel

Relentless is 2x.120
Beefed is 1.75x.120

The more i google about them, the more legit they look. Their facebook page is pretty sweet...SAS'd 4 runner AND Tundra!, sweet FJ and a bunch of Heeps.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
Dunno....pulled from their slider kit info:

Sliders are made from 1.75x.120 HREW steel

Relentless is 2x.120
Beefed is 1.75x.120

The more i google about them, the more legit they look. Their facebook page is pretty sweet...SAS'd 4 runner AND Tundra!, sweet FJ and a bunch of Heeps.

Whose steel? I'm sure there's a factory or 70 in China kicking out shit-quality HREW for way cheap. And I don't want that crap between my rocker panels and rocks. I want American, Japanese, or European made steel of excellent quality, and I have no qualms about paying fair dollar for it.

I'm not saying they ARE made from bad materials...I'd just like to hear from them how they undercut everyone else by a mile when competition is so fierce.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
$300 shipped? Damn, that's cheap!
2nd. It seems like a pretty good option, especially if we're just doing light trails.
Manwithoutaplan; Can you post up some more pics of the sliders?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #9
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Nvrmind

There is a gap, they need to be about 4" longer.

so they are probally not long enough for the dc?damb.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
2nd. It seems like a pretty good option, especially if we're just doing light trails.
i know,thats what im saying.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
this thread is going better than i thought.lol.keep em coming.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
DC short bed and AC long bed are the same. These wouldn't fit the DC long beds.
cool,thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #13
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
just measured,78" covers the cab only.they do not go over either fender flare.hmmmm.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post

here is more pics
Old 01-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^they look good.have you used them yet????