1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 TRD PreRunner 3" Lift fit 285/75/16 on STOCK Rims?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by trdtaco08, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jan 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM
    trdtaco08

trdtaco08 [OP] TRD Nut!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road Baja Package PreRunner
    TruckVault Custom Bed Gun Vault (All Weather) ModifyStreet Black Retro-Fit Projector HID Headlights TRD Sport Hood w/Scoop (Painted to Match) AllPro Rear Bumper (Painted to Match) Satoshi Grille (Painted to Match) w/Matte Black Insert Smoked OEM LED Taillights Smoked LED 3rd Brakelight LED License Plate Lights Tinted Foglights AllPro Hidden Hitch Street Scene Flip-Up License Plate Frame Extang RT Tonneau Cover Tacoma Door Sill Plates Window Visors TRD Front Skid TRD Engine Skid Smart Phone Enabled Remote Start/Alarm System K&N Drop-In Air Filter K&N Oil Filter
    I own a 2008 Tacoma PreRunner Quad Cab. It has the TRD Off-Road stock suspension with Bilstein Shocks, etc. Also its the Rugged Trail Baja Package (Stock black 6-Spoke wheels with 265/70/16 BFG Rugged Trail Tires). I need some help from all you experts out there. I've been going from thread to thread and forum to forum and I'm so CONFUSED! lol So here it goes:

Can I fit 285/75/16 on my stock 7" wide rim or no?

If so what 3" Lift or Leveling Kit would I need to fit these 32.83" Tires so they don't rub? (I don't mind losing the front mud flaps or a little cutting of plastic, however don't want to go all out and start replacing shocks, uca,etc.)

Revtek kit any good? Any other suggestions? All I want is the truck to look a little more aggressive that and the JUNK BFG tires are finished after about 30,000 miles!!! :mad: Any Help would be greatly appreciated you guys know everything it seems! Thanks, Brandon!

2. Jan 6, 2011 at 4:15 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to TW.

There are plenty of people on here running 285/75/16 on stock rims. You will need the 3" lift you mentioned, and 1.25" wheel spacers (I recommend spidertrax) to do so. You will also have to trim some plastic and possible chop the cab mount.

Spacer lifts are junk. For $300, you can bilstein 5100's for the front and an add a leaf for the back. The bilsteins go up to 2.5" of lift, which, in general, is the max you can go without needing new UCA's.

3. Jan 6, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    trdtaco08

trdtaco08 [OP] TRD Nut!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road Baja Package PreRunner
    TruckVault Custom Bed Gun Vault (All Weather) ModifyStreet Black Retro-Fit Projector HID Headlights TRD Sport Hood w/Scoop (Painted to Match) AllPro Rear Bumper (Painted to Match) Satoshi Grille (Painted to Match) w/Matte Black Insert Smoked OEM LED Taillights Smoked LED 3rd Brakelight LED License Plate Lights Tinted Foglights AllPro Hidden Hitch Street Scene Flip-Up License Plate Frame Extang RT Tonneau Cover Tacoma Door Sill Plates Window Visors TRD Front Skid TRD Engine Skid Smart Phone Enabled Remote Start/Alarm System K&N Drop-In Air Filter K&N Oil Filter
    Why are the spacer lifts "junk"? Just curious cuz it seems a lot of people use them. You wouldn't know what kind of Bilsteins come stock on the truck would you KPT?

4. Jan 6, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    The stock bilsteins are known as Bilstein HD's.

Here's some info on spacers from Camburgs website. They sum it all up.

5. Jan 6, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    You'll need either spacers or after market uca's to run them on the stock wheel. I've got that size tire on my "baja" rims and I've got an after market uca.

6. Jan 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    OP: FYI, the spacers Jason is referring to are wheel spacers.

7. Jan 6, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Yes, I should have clarified. Thanks Keith.

Products Discussed in

To Top