Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What DON'T you like about the Tacoma

Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 AM   #21
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
My stereo reception sucks
Old 08-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #22
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with hashemg, wish that the regular cabs were available with more options. I'd like to see the V-6/TRD in a reg-cab configuration, that'd be a sweet truck. Not sure I like the plastic bed, would prefer a metal one with a bed-liner. Heated mirrors? Ipod interfaces? Gimme a break, it's a truck! And I'm personally glad it doesn't have a locking gas-cap, I don't need yet another key on my key-chain, nor do I want someone drilling holes in my tank.

Great trucks, Toyota.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #23
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
The only complaint I have is the top of the door panel where I rest my elbow while driving is hard plastic. It was paded in my 97. Other than that, no complaints at all.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #24
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
The things that bug me the most are: No ipod from conection from the factory (not a huge deal cuz i don't even have the factory stereo), no sunroof, no manual trans option in the double cab.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #25
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I love my truck, I just wish it had these options:
  • iPod interface
  • Fog light indicator light
  • Locking tailgate
  • Locking gas tank
  • Hood scoop option on Off Road models
  • Come with 265/75/16 BFG A/T on Off Road instead of BFG Rugged Fail. They did it on the TT FJC, they can do it on the Taco
  • Cargo light on the bed
  • Off Road models should come higher than TRD Sport or SR5 models
  • 4.7 V8 Option
  • Bed rings in front of bed STANDARD
  • Reg Cab - V6 - Automatic - TRD Off Road model. God that thing would kick ass.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #26
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey200 View Post
The
Agreed.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #27
Beeg has a spectacular aura aboutBeeg has a spectacular aura aboutBeeg has a spectacular aura about

Beeg's Tacoma Gallery
Other than lack of the iPod connect, I can't read the stereo output info during the daytime. Probably just me, but the angle from the driver's seat looking at the read out on the stereo, I can't read it wearing my sunglasses. I wonder if it's because my glasses are polarized. I haven't tried other non-polarized glasses. I also don't listen to the radio that much or I've already memorized what stations are preset so it's a non issue.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #28
Robbie will become famous soon enoughRobbie will become famous soon enough

Robbie's Tacoma Gallery
I disliked the experience I had with this under cab rattle. After several trips to the dealer, they did silence it. It's still there, but not as bad. I can live with it.
My feelings is for a company that it suppose to be top on quality, this was a major disappointment for me. I'll always wonder what would have been if I purcased that GMC/Chevy truck.
All in all the Tacoma suits my needs but I have lost that "new truck" pride.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #29
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeg View Post
Other than lack of the iPod connect, I can't read the stereo output info during the daytime. Probably just me, but the angle from the driver's seat looking at the read out on the stereo, I can't read it wearing my sunglasses. I wonder if it's because my glasses are polarized. I haven't tried other non-polarized glasses. I also don't listen to the radio that much or I've already memorized what stations are preset so it's a non issue.
Good chance it is the sunglasses. I had a really expensive pair of polorized sunglasses. With them I could not read the stero and when looking out through the tint on the windows it made things look wierd.

Other than that I would agree with the lack of I-pod jack and no built in bluetooth. The mudflaps are too long and occasionally drag on speedbumps if going slow. Bt maybe that is just a reason to lift the truck

-Dan
Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G View Post
I don't like the instrument cluster ie the "Red LED" lights! ! Clock, compass and temp included. Other that that I LOVE IT! !!!!
You might be interested in mod on Toyota Nation to change the red panel lights to white.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=180314
Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #31
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i had an 06, and about the only thing i didnt like was the drum brakes in the rear. now....on my 04......who the hell decided that putting the clock where its at was a good idea???? they oughtta be shot!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #32
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okkine View Post
You might be interested in mod on Toyota Nation to change the red panel lights to white.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=180314
That guy is a lot braver than I. There is no way I would trust myself to do that.

-Dan
Old 08-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #33
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
That easy! It's overpriced! Looking at the base model with hardly any options you can see Toyota is overcharging for the truck. Price is close to full-sized pickups. Can you imagine what it would cost if they added a leather option, power/memory/heated seats, power slide rear window, etc.?

And it also seems Toyota used cheap paint on the truck. I've heard problems of easy paint chipping from owners. Also the backup camera needs to be moved from the tailgate's handle.

Also Toyota needs to bump up warranty coverage. Having the standard 60,000/5-yr powertrain coverage for so long means they are not concerned about their customers as their ambitions to beat GM. Toyota even admitted that they sacrificed quality to grow faster.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #34
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashemg View Post
I think people are forgetting its still a pickup truck.....not a mercedes.......next thing u'll be asking to get rid of leaf springs and want BMW suspension it it
And what exactly is a pickup truck?

So what's the difference between Toyota adding all that stuff versus modifying your trucks to have it?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #36
flyby08 is on a distinguished road

flyby08's Tacoma Gallery
I love my truck its awesome, but there is one thing, thay wouldn't have crossed my mind if the 09's didn't have it. I wish the 08's had the back-up camera. the way my garage is step up is, its so easy 4 one of little kids from next door 2 run out 2 the opening of the garage behind my truck & I would never see them. but that is a small issue, I will just becareful like always. great truck
Old 08-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #38
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing for me that comes to mind is a gps system since I love travleing in my truck so much. It can easly be instaled aftermarket so I guess it's no big thing realy
Old 08-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #39
Total Newb
mattb123 is on a distinguished road
mattb123's Tacoma Gallery
For me it's almost perfect, but ideally it should have included the following:
  • Line in with stock stereo like my friend's Honda Element (not a specific iPod interface so we can choose the player and are not locked into a particular brand or generation of that brand). I added an aftermarket one to solve this.
  • Heated mirrors would be nice. It's cold in the winter where I live and everything gets frosty/icy/snowy.
  • Outside temperature gauge would be good to know when black ice could be forming. I may add an aftermarket one.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #40
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave
WTF?? not sure what your saying there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
A *Camel Back* is a hydration pack that you wear on your back.

Just sayin took it off my back, layed it in the back seat, it leaked all over, seats stain like hell