Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What DON'T you like about the Tacoma

Old 08-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #41
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

Just sayin took it off my back, layed it in the back seat, it leaked all over, seats stain like hell
I understand....
The other guy didn't understand what a camel back was.

I've never leaked anything in my truck - Thank Gawd. I didn't realize how stained they can get. I have seat covers on the front seats - luckily - as it looks like that's something good to have!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #42
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
the vent over the pedals hangs too low, my foot is always clipping it when i switch pedals.

think i may be loosening it

agree with
Locking tailgate
Locking gas tank
4 d rings standard
bed light
Old 08-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #43
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave
WTF?? not sure what your saying there

Just sayin took it off my back, layed it in the back seat, it leaked all over, seats stain like hell
ok, thanks I get it now.

Auto rear slider!!
DVD option
ash tray , the cig lighter is there again WTF for then?
trip computer to monitor avg mpg - Nissan has this on the fonty
V8 option would be SWEET
adjustable shocks from the drivers seat. Stiff for OR, soft for hwy

Don't get me wrong I love my truck...this is just the wish list for the 3rd gen right?
Old 08-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #44
textoytaco is on a distinguished road
textoytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Real Complaints

I've seen a lot of petty stuff mentioned. Here are some REAL problems:

1. The floor mats in the back of my DC slide around and get bunched up.
2. When I let the front seat belt buckle go, it slams against the wall and has scratched it.
3. No RDS on the radio.
4. Temperature gauge/compass light is too dim.
5. Wife won't turn loose the $$$ I want to mod it.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #45
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like the fact that I spend more on this truck then all the broke pieces of crap I've had in the past.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #46
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
The fact that most American dealers won't sell to Canadians, and most Canadian dealers refuse to sell bellow MSRP. And the fact that the Regular Cab isn't available in Canada. Those probably don't apply to you though.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #47
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
The only complaint I have is the top of the door panel where I rest my elbow while driving is hard plastic. It was paded in my 97. Other than that, no complaints at all.
My biggest complaint also. I'm gonna replace it with some leather that has padding under it.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #48
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Interior scratches a bit too easy. To correct small spots I have taken a butane lighter (VERY CAREFULLY mind you) set on low and just came close to the area ... looks like new.

Perhaps the speedometer placement a little lower ... due to steering wheel placement.

Aside from that ... can't beat it.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #49
Defying Alliances since 2007
TacoTurd will become famous soon enoughTacoTurd will become famous soon enough

TacoTurd's Tacoma Gallery
rattles.
flimsy paint.
cheap radio.
delicate interior.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #50
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by textoytaco View Post
I've seen a lot of petty stuff mentioned. Here are some REAL problems:

1. The floor mats in the back of my DC slide around and get bunched up.
2. When I let the front seat belt buckle go, it slams against the wall and has scratched it.
3. No RDS on the radio.
4. Temperature gauge/compass light is too dim.
5. Wife won't turn loose the $$$ I want to mod it.
My radio has RDS, i think it may just depend on the options you get.

-Dan
Old 08-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #51
Enjoying my Tacoma
BillCarl is on a distinguished road
BillCarl's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Drum Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Rear drum brakes, but I took care of that so no complaints from me.
How did you take care of it. I'm interested...
Old 08-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #52
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah that interior plastic does nick and scratch easy- looks an ugly white
i'll have to try the lighter method somewhere unseen.

see, if we give it enough time we can pick our tacomas apart!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #53
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
1: short seat cushions, that lack thigh support.
2: cramped foot control area, especially when you wear size 13 shoes.
3: jiggly ride over small road imperfections(bridge decks a good example)

4: thats all folks
Old 08-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #54
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i aint got no motherfukin 50 cal to blow fukers up
Old 08-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #55
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
Priced high.

No MP3 Jack

Locking gas cap

Locking tail gate
Same here, but I can fix all that with a little time and money
Old 08-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #56
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
which model tacomas did NOT come with an outside temp gauge..? my 06 double cab trd-off road has one...
Old 08-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #57
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
havnt read all of the replies yet but i think its stupid that they put in a temp gauge and they dont equip it with ur mileage?? so i can see the weather but i cant tell what my mpg is WEAK!

i also wish they would have put more hooks/clips through the bed.. i had to drill my own into the frame in the front of the bed so i could tie down my dirtbike

and last it would have been nice to put in a middle seat in the front such as dodge but i dont think thats a toyota thing... o well im comfortable
Old 08-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #58
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugmynuts View Post
which model tacomas did NOT come with an outside temp gauge..? my 06 double cab trd-off road has one...
My 2008 does not have it. However my garage dopor opener mounts in that spot.

-Dan
Old 08-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #59
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
Id have to say the lack of sun roof. other than that its perfect.

Moose
Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #60
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Not being able to order the Taco with the 4.7 V8 auto that the 4Runner gets!