Notices

What DON'T you like about the Tacoma

Old 03-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #881
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Performula View Post
OK a legit complaint. Better stereo!
Surprisingly, the stocks speakers are quite good once you get a new deck.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #882
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Coconut water? WTF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Stuffs good for you
I'd never buy coconut water. Especially out of a carton. Fresh out the coconut is the only way
I grew up on it and its free here...

My only Tacoma complaint is lack of optional factory leather seats, and i'm not a big fan of the plastic bed.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #883
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I'd never buy coconut water. Especially out of a carton. Fresh out the coconut is the only way
I grew up on it and its free here...

My only Tacoma complaint is lack of optional factory leather seats, and i'm not a big fan of the plastic bed.

only water from a young coconut for me. The water from the older brown coconuts taste like*dirty rag water
Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #884
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyourlocaldjx View Post
only water from a young coconut for me. The water from the older brown coconuts taste like*dirty rag water
I agree. Plus the older ones has less water and more hard meat. After you're done drinking the water, split the green coconut open and eat the spoon meat.
You gotta climb for the green ones
Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #885
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by winL View Post
Surprisingly, the stocks speakers are quite good once you get a new deck.
I did! Probably twice the sound. I really need to get a small amp and mids/highs.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #886
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Performula View Post
I did! Probably twice the sound. I really need to get a small amp and mids/highs.
well then, yea, can't help ya there. amp, new tweeters is needed.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #887
Scorpiowiccan is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: California Highway Patrol
Name: Nicholas
Scorpiowiccan's Tacoma Gallery
My dislikes are my gas mileage (11mpg) and the cup holders. Otherwise the best truck EVER! Beats any other pickup out there!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 AM   #888
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned about every name brand truck , all were 4x4 , Chevy's front bearings ,and drive lines are crap, Ford 's heater coil , suspension are junk no HP, Dodge cheaply made truck with alot of bells and whistles, Mazda (before Ford) was a dam good truck put 850,000 miles on her, the older Toyota the body would rot away, the 22R engine was the bomb,I logged over a million miles on it and put engine in a mudd buggy and used it for years. The newer Toyota's have their + and -, but overall I'm satisfied with my '07, and my wife's '10 4 Runner(my.02)
Old 03-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #889
Kenneth4x4 is on a distinguished road
Kenneth4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
... you pay close to $28 - 30K for a vehicle, that comes with cheap ass tires

Never ask a question, you do not want the answer to!!!!
This is very true brand new truck with wore out bfg rugged trails had a flat in first 500 miles upgraded to Toyo open country m/t problem solved but look like they at least put the bfg all terrain I was really disappointed to about the tires.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #890
scottg918514 is on a distinguished road
scottg918514's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiowiccan View Post
My dislikes are my gas mileage (11mpg) and the cup holders. Otherwise the best truck EVER! Beats any other pickup out there!
11mpg!!! Why?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #891
Well I have been reading the post about all the features you like to have on your truck. The main ones I liked to had was the doors to lock , leather, cargo light , and mpg center. It already has a/c and power windows at least the a/c and heater works really good . The plastic bed is a joke and the ride is ok but pulls around on the road, the brakes are dead serious touch them you get a 9 cents on change back but over all that I really like my Tacoma it will pull in 4wd liked you have never seen the back up camera cool but wished had the led in front dome light like my 4runner, well that all I got to say about the subject .
Old 03-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #892
YOTACO
lynnchpin is on a distinguished road

lynnchpin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottg918514 View Post
11mpg!!! Why?
Yes, scorpiowiccan, do tell why. You don't even have four wheel drive. Assuming you drive the one I see with my spry left eye
Old 03-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #893
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 with 35s will get you 11mpg, ask me how i know
Old 03-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #894
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiowiccan View Post
I assume (shit ... this can only go south) the you have altered tires/suspension from factory specs as well as driving habits.

If this is the case I can't see how you can blame Toyota.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #895
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Ifs
Old 03-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #896
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Chirpy heater - this just started a few weeks ago 55k miles.
No heated mirrors
Low seat position - hurts my back occasionally on long trips.
Rear view mirror location, way too low.
Glove box damper - Broke after first time taking it off .. gently.
No 12v power in the rear - Access Cab
No heated seats

Most important for me:

For some reason they only put safety latches for car seats behind the driver and in the passenger seat.. WTF? If you were going to only put 1 car seat in the back wouldn't you put it behind the passenger?
Old 03-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #897
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth4x4 View Post
This is very true brand new truck with wore out bfg rugged trails had a flat in first 500 miles upgraded to Toyo open country m/t problem solved but look like they at least put the bfg all terrain I was really disappointed to about the tires.
I've never seen a " Brand New " car or truck with worn out tires on a lot.

Why did you buy a new truck with worn out tires?

Any brand tire could get a nail in it, even within the first 500 miles or even the first mile.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #898
The 2013 Tacoma was new but the tires on it didn't have a lot of tread they were bfg rugged trail , most of the tires I buy have twice the tread, I think the car makers buy the cheapest tires to put on the new vehicles mostly I just take them off , I put Toyo open country m/t they have a lot of meat on them.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #899
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth4x4 View Post
The 2013 Tacoma was new but the tires on it didn't have a lot of tread they were bfg rugged trail , most of the tires I buy have twice the tread, I think the car makers buy the cheapest tires to put on the new vehicles mostly I just take them off , I put Toyo open country m/t they have a lot of meat on them.
new the BFG rugged fails donít have much tread on them. it is pretty shity for toyota to put such a tire on the trucks.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #900
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
regarding the rear view

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Chirpy heater - this just started a few weeks ago 55k miles.
No heated mirrors
Low seat position - hurts my back occasionally on long trips.
Rear view mirror location, way too low.
Glove box damper - Broke after first time taking it off .. gently.
No 12v power in the rear - Access Cab
No heated seats

Most important for me:

For some reason they only put safety latches for car seats behind the driver and in the passenger seat.. WTF? If you were going to only put 1 car seat in the back wouldn't you put it behind the passenger?
You can actually move it up some, and to get it even higher turn it upside down.