Notices

What DON'T you like about the Tacoma

Old 06-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #961
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't fly. I mean, I guess I could fabricate some wings and an empannage...but, they should've just done that in the factory.

Otherwise, I'm content...
Old 06-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #962
tacotacoburrito is on a distinguished road
tacotacoburrito's Tacoma Gallery
Don't like is a little strong but I guess I'm surprised that all the switch gear isn't illuminated. Heated mirrors would be a nice option. The factory location for the trailer electrical is fucking retarded. I wished the stereo would remember where in the list of tracks/albums/artists it was at when it starts to play again after being off. Really though this truck is perfect for me. A full size would be too big, and I wasn't really impressed with my other options.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #963
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelt View Post
It doesn't fly. I mean, I guess I could fabricate some wings and an empannage...but, they should've just done that in the factory.

yeah that would be nice. or if it came with a hover board?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #964
Taco Noob

Air Force:
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkyLnWm1iCs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
yeah that would be nice. or if it came with a hover board?
You just took me back...
Old 06-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #966
Taco Noob

Air Force:
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
^^THIS^^
Old 06-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #967
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Obviously you didn't hear, Toyota is testing the flying Tacoma and with luck it will be landing at dealerships early 2015
Attached Thumbnails
What DON'T you like about the Tacoma-flying-taco.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #968
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Obviously you didn't hear, Toyota is testing the flying Tacoma and with luck it will be landing at dealerships early 2015
i like this one hahaha.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #970
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol. iím 21 and love that movie. my older brothers made me watch it long ass time ago.

but yes they are a few years behind on getting the hover board out.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #971
Taco Noob

Air Force:
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
I WANT it!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #972
Taco Noob

Air Force:
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
lol. iím 21 and love that movie. my older brothers made me watch it long ass time ago.

but yes they are a few years behind on getting the hover board out.
Yeah, I'm 21, too...again.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #973
tfeltz73 is on a distinguished road

tfeltz73's Tacoma Gallery
I think the motor could use a little more power stock but that's why they have the supercharger
Old 06-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #974
Benb007 is on a distinguished road
Benb007's Tacoma Gallery
Here goes my thoughts on this...

I've never owned a pickup truck but became serious about switching from my Lexus IS 350 to a Tacoma about 6 months ago. My first exposure came when I saw a Tundra Platinum on the lot and thought, hey, this makes sense for me. I have three kids and I am either camping or doing tournament sports every weekend. I also spend a lot of time hauling stuff to and from the boat in the summer and mountain bike year round.

I didn't care for the size of the Tundra and felt like the Platinum was more cash than I wanted to part with. So, once I found out that I could get a limited package in the Tacoma and had an initial test drive, I decided to order a long bed limited double cab. When it arrived, my family and I took it for a night before committing to purchase the car and here is what we found.

What I liked...
  • I really liked the look. It's a beautiful truck.
  • I liked the enTune and the backup camera in the rear view mirror.
  • HD Radio.
  • I liked the size of the long bed.
  • I like the way the the truck drove. It had that Toyota/Lexus feel that the Tundra lacks.
  • Accessories. I had my eye on the Frontrunner Slimline rack.
  • It's truly rugged and, because of the 18 inch wheels, the Limited was seated a little higher than the other Tacomas which is a plus for me.
  • We liked the fact that it got better gas mileage than a full size pickup and I like the size in general.
  • I actually like the Softex and felt like it would be more resilient than leather. I tried pretty hard to scratch it with my fingernail - nothing - it's definitely more resilient than leather and I don't think that the side of the seat will wear from sliding in and out of the truck.

Here are the things that immediately jumped out at us within a few hours that we did not like.
  • The truck seemed to struggle a bit once you get over 75 or so. I felt like I was pushing the engine too much.
  • My wife couldn't find any of the switches. Almost nothing was lit up.
  • The dashboard was white and not backlit - meaning that I had to turn up the light to see the dash and all that white light reflecting off the gauges bothered my eyes and impacted my ability to focus.
  • The kids complained that there were no air vents in the back. Sure enough, I wasn't able to find one.
  • No duel zone or any climate control for that matter. Duel zone does keep the wife happy and I like being able to just set a temp without messing with the heat/ac every time I get into the car.
  • I was very disappointed to find that the car had to be running to access the power deck in the truck bed.
  • I couldn't get any support under my legs and, if I recall correctly, the base of the seat didn't tilt.
  • Both my wife and my oldest son complained about the ride. This didn't bother me as the Tacoma is a true truck truck but I knew that it would come up again.
  • I'll echo others about not having a bed light.
  • No HID headlights.
  • No information component. I find knowing how many miles I have left on a tank to be very valuable.

When we went back to the dealership fully intending to purchase the vehicle, my wife and I decided to test drive a Platinum Tundra just to be sure that we were doing the right thing. We asked the dealer to work up quotes on both and when we found that they would give us the Platinum Tundra for almost the same price as a the limited Tacoma, it simply seemed like a no brainier to go with the Tundra.

If the Tacoma had a package with half of what the Tundra has, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. But, In the short time that I had the Tacoma, I felt like I was constantly looking for features that I expected to be standard but simply weren't there. On the other hand, the Tundra is almost too nice to actually treat like a truck. I guess time will tell if I made the right decision.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #975
Marc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc702's Tacoma Gallery
My Taco is honestly the first vehicle that I've owned that I have zero complaints about. Granted I've only owned it since April 10th but I couldn't be more impressed with the whole experience of owning this truck. More than I expected.
Just a thought.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #976
TexasTacoMan is on a distinguished road
TexasTacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
My 2013 is my 3rd Tacoma. I wish it had a 6 speed transmission, rear disc brakes, metal bed instead of the cheap composite, coated plastic storage so stuff wouldn't rattle in the storage compartments....
Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #977
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
not impressed with the flimsy cloth on the back of the front drivers seat - 2013 models.. Looks really easy to tear.. The passnager side has the nifty hard plastic backing that acts as a table while the seat is folded down.. That plastic would serve well on the back of both seats or at least they could put a mag./map pouch on there.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #978
Instagram: b00sted_b18c5
SYTFUxMBRProjects is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
SYTFUxMBRProjects's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing I don't like about the Tacoma is the lack of a V8 option. I mean, there is that option for the 4Runners, so why not the Tacoma? And for the displacement of the current V6, it get's shitty mileage compared to the 5.7L Tundra engines (only 2 MPG better!?).

Not really a complaint, just something I'd like to have. BUT aside from that, I love my truck.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #979
Taco Noob

Air Force:
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
not impressed with the flimsy cloth on the back of the front drivers seat - 2013 models.. Looks really easy to tear.. The passnager side has the nifty hard plastic backing that acts as a table while the seat is folded down.. That plastic would serve well on the back of both seats or at least they could put a mag./map pouch on there.
It would serve well for my 5 year old, too! Plastic's MUCH easier to clean that fabric...lol.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #980
Tao Zero is on a distinguished road
Tao Zero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Ya, my boys feet are going to make that real dirty soon from climbing in and out of his car seat. It would be nice if it was plastic.