Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What DON'T you like about the Tacoma

Old 08-21-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
CanTac is on a distinguished road

CanTac's Tacoma Gallery
What DON'T you like about the Tacoma

Ok everyone. What are some dislikes about the 2nd generation Taco's? Bodystyle, motors, colours? Open to all concerns.

CanTac

Hal
Old 08-21-2008, 05:05 AM   #3
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like the instrument cluster ie the "Red LED" lights! ! Clock, compass and temp included. Other that that I LOVE IT! !!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:11 AM   #4
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Post at 4:56,next post at 5:05. 9mins. later.lol,Wrong again.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:13 AM   #5
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had an outside temp gauge.....so far thats about it. I have 282 miles so far and have yet to put my Taco to work but I am sure that I am not going to be disappointed.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:22 AM   #6
Thread Killer
Greenblazer will become famous soon enoughGreenblazer will become famous soon enough
Army: 64c Driver
Greenblazer's Tacoma Gallery
Too Often Yankees Overprice These Autos. Um I don't like that my Tacoma doesn't get 100 miles per gallon, but other than that I am very happy with it.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Oscar 319's Tacoma Gallery
No I-pod interface.....spoils the whole damn truck IMO.

If there ever was a perfect truck, me Taco is it for me. Toyota did well.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:35 AM   #8
hashemg has a spectacular aura abouthashemg has a spectacular aura about

hashemg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not happy that i couldn't get power windoes and door locks for my regular cab as an option.......also not happy that the best i can get is an SR5 and not a TRD Offroad package.

Toyota should expoans their options on the regular cabs
Old 08-21-2008, 06:01 AM   #9
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the norms:

non -lighted 4*4 switch
brake and gas pedals too close
no sunroof option
no Ipod interface
can't tell if the fog lights are on - switch -indicator needed
need taller gear in OD for better Mpg in auto and six speed
seats stain just by looking at them
no hood scoop option for TRD OR
Old 08-21-2008, 06:14 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly?

I love my truck. The only thing I don't like...is the stuff it doesn't have - which is a lack on Toyota's part to put the stuff in it.

I wish this thing was fully loaded - and I would've paid every penny to get it. Power seats, heated seats, back-up camera, navigation, ipod interface, memory seats, bluetooth, power rear window, locking gas cap, locking tailgate, gauge/screen to read computer data (distance to empty, mpg, instant mpg, tire pressure readings, oil pressure, tranny temp, etc etc etc), and all the other goodies that the Tundra and/or their Landcruiser already has in it.

In 10 years from now - they might have all that stuff in a tacoma. Or maybe they won't put some of that stuff in it at all.

Which, until then.....I'll do without or enjoy my scangauge, my added heated seats, my ipod2car, and the other things I'll have to add to it (which makes it fun).
Old 08-21-2008, 06:16 AM   #11
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
seats stain just by looking at them
Hell yea they do. I sat my Camel Back on its bite valve in the back seat, looks like I had a Camel piss in the back seat.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:18 AM   #12
Teocalli will become famous soon enough
Teocalli's Tacoma Gallery
Paint chips easily. I use to own a VW and the paint job was bulletproof compared to the taco. Mud flaps too rigid when off-roading.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:25 AM   #13
hashemg has a spectacular aura abouthashemg has a spectacular aura about

hashemg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Honestly?

I love my truck. The only thing I don't like...is the stuff it doesn't have - which is a lack on Toyota's part to put the stuff in it.

I wish this thing was fully loaded - and I would've paid every penny to get it. Power seats, heated seats, back-up camera, navigation, ipod interface, memory seats, bluetooth, power rear window, locking gas cap, locking tailgate, gauge/screen to read computer data (distance to empty, mpg, instant mpg, tire pressure readings, oil pressure, tranny temp, etc etc etc), and all the other goodies that the Tundra and/or their Landcruiser already has in it.

In 10 years from now - they might have all that stuff in a tacoma. Or maybe they won't put some of that stuff in it at all.

Which, until then.....I'll do without or enjoy my scangauge, my added heated seats, my ipod2car, and the other things I'll have to add to it (which makes it fun).

I think people are forgetting its still a pickup truck.....not a mercedes.......next thing u'll be asking to get rid of leaf springs and want BMW suspension it it
Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 AM   #14
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hell yea they do. I sat my Camel Back on its bite valve in the back seat, looks like I had a Camel piss in the back seat.
WTF?? not sure what your saying there

MUD flaps too long...and weak.

Hope Toyota rep is reading this thread
Old 08-21-2008, 06:33 AM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
I have a few annoyances that were mentioned in previous posts, but I think my biggest one is:
No heated mirrors
x2
Old 08-21-2008, 06:35 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Hope Toyota rep is reading this thread
Nah there too busy refining the backup camera spot where the friggin lock should go, oops there's another one!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #17
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Rear drum brakes, but I took care of that so no complaints from me.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #18
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Priced high.

No MP3 Jack

Locking gas cap

Locking tail gate
Old 08-21-2008, 07:07 AM   #19
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
No secure gas cap as previously mentioned.

Dislike the lack of a light in the bed. My old 98 Frontier had one so I know its not a new fangled technology.

Was thrown off by no outside temp gauge at first, but my sales person put it great. "we live in Florida..stick your arm out...OH! ITS HOT!"