Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why does it keep shutting off....

Old 01-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Xewkija631 is on a distinguished road
Xewkija631's Tacoma Gallery
Why does it keep shutting off....

Hello

I dont know why this is happening but whenever I have the heat on and I press the button to keep the outside air out and not have it come in the button turns off by it self which makes the outside air come in and every time I press it; it will shut off by it self after a min or 2... why?.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I have/had the same problemo with my FJ. Hold that inside/outside button in for approx. 5 seconds and then release. That should keep the button on. It's pretty silly that you have to take 5 seconds or so from looking at the road but this has solved my problem. I never had a problem with my '08 Tacoma but the FJ is a different animal.

You're not alone. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...t-working.html

Maybe it's a new style module on 2010/2011 models?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
mine does the same...noticed it the other day...its rather annoying
Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Read the manual?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
originalthoughts is on a distinguished road
originalthoughts's Tacoma Gallery
The service guy at my dealership stated that this was instated to keep the musty smell out of the HVAC units by getting fresh air in there at times. I personally find it annoying but TicTacOma's solution is the one outlined in the manual. FWIW, this will only occur when the vehicle senses that the temp outside it dropping.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Xewkija631 is on a distinguished road
Xewkija631's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the info; I shall try this out when I go back out

THANKS!!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xewkija631 View Post
Hello

I dont know why this is happening but whenever I have the heat on and I press the button to keep the outside air out and not have it come in the button turns off by it self which makes the outside air come in and every time I press it; it will shut off by it self after a min or 2... why?.
Is your defroster on? It will do this automatically when you select either of the two defroster settings.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Is your defroster on? It will do this automatically when you select either of the two defroster settings.
and for good reason too!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
tacozombie is on a distinguished road
tacozombie's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does this too... I push the putton cause i dont want any air/heat coming in and a few min later ( never actually timed it ) i look down and its back to normal. Very frustrating.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacozombie View Post
Mine does this too... I push the putton cause i dont want any air/heat coming in and a few min later ( never actually timed it ) i look down and its back to normal. Very frustrating.
It's a 3 minute interval. I believe the manual says to hold the button for 4 seconds or longer to keep it closed.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
And it does it in the other settings when the outside temp goes below something like 56 degrees (can't remember the exact temp since mine doesn't do this). I know the '09s do this, not sure if it started earlier. The '05 does not do this, so it definitely came later.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #13
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
My '08 FJ Cruiser did this.