1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2" Body Lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by -TRDMAN-, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Jan 7, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- [OP] ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    Anybody know where to get a 2nd. gen 2" body lift? It almost seems as though they don't even make one:eek::(

2. Jan 7, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    TakDwn

TakDwn Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC V6 Shortbed 4x4
    Bili's all around, front 5100's at 1.75", rear TSB w/AAL, 265x75/16 BFG AT, Wheelers steelies Type B 4" bs, LEER cap, Tinted, Relentless hybrid sliders welded, Cab mount chop, Plastic trimming, Sock retros, Mirror lift, Satoshi with old school emblem, WeatherTechs, Mudlaps gone, RedLine hood struts, Fumoto valve, Tailgate clamped, Console organizer, Mobtown Offroad Front Recovery Bar
    I've only seen them in 3" versions. Performance Assessories makes body lifts in 1, 2, and 3" versions for many vehicles, but not Tacomas. I've used P.A. for just about every Jeep I've owned without a single issue. I too would like another body lift option without going 3". Just to get some additional body clearance without raising the center of gravity, and allowing larger meats beneath the truck.

I know others have cut down larger lifts on Wranglers - 3" to 1.5" body lift - without issues but I don't know if this has been done with Tacomas. I have very little time under the hood on these trucks. My concern isn't the body pucks, it would be some of the brackets used in the larger lifts and knowing which would be needed for the smaller body lift versions.

3. Jan 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- [OP] ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    I thought of cutting the spacers but the bumper brackets would be the issue.... Then again I run autocad everyday and could probably draw some up and have them made...:rolleyes:

4. Jan 7, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    TakDwn

TakDwn Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC V6 Shortbed 4x4
    Bili's all around, front 5100's at 1.75", rear TSB w/AAL, 265x75/16 BFG AT, Wheelers steelies Type B 4" bs, LEER cap, Tinted, Relentless hybrid sliders welded, Cab mount chop, Plastic trimming, Sock retros, Mirror lift, Satoshi with old school emblem, WeatherTechs, Mudlaps gone, RedLine hood struts, Fumoto valve, Tailgate clamped, Console organizer, Mobtown Offroad Front Recovery Bar
    Aren't the bumper brackets attached to the frame?

Another issue is the tranny/shifter mounting brackets. Also the wiring, tubes, and lines that are connected to the body but extend onto the frame/suspension will need to be cleared or lengthened. You may be able to deal with these on a case by case basis. There should be enough slack from the factory to safely do a 1" home fabbed body lift, but 2" may get tight at points. I'm saying this from my Jeeping experience as I've mentioned....both have flexing of body/frame roll while offroading so their should be some simularities.

I would like to hear from others who have put a 3" body lift on a Tacoma and have some knowledge of the required OEM alterations.

5. Jan 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    drjohnson36

drjohnson36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Pre-Runner SR5 DC
    Just get a cheap suspension lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top