LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question for anyone with knowledge about powder coating rim

Old 01-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
DLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant future
Name: David
DLR07's Tacoma Gallery
Question for anyone with knowledge about powder coating rim

Hey guys just wanted to know from anyone who has had their (or knows) stock TRD-OF rims powder coated and how much the cost was? Thanks for the feed back guys
Old 01-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
When I did mine it cost just under $60. I think that was supposed to be per rim, but that was the total bill. They also do two coats, the first being a primer. They held up to mounting and everything. I since sold them though.

RZ Rob
Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
When I did mine it cost just under $60. I think that was supposed to be per rim, but that was the total bill. They also do two coats, the first being a primer. They held up to mounting and everything. I since sold them though.

RZ Rob
Yeah man, I think you lucked out big time. I had a set of motorcycle rims powdercoated and it was just over $200. The shop did some light prep also so that was buried in that cost. They were originally painted from the factory.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
pollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
pollock21's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of my friends have powdercoated their wheels on their cars, and I think they paid close to $100 per wheel. Just shop around. Sometimes cheapest isn't the best. Just make sure the work is guaranteed against chips. The last thing you want is to find what you think is a deal, then have the finish start to chip and have to pay to have it redone.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine done and they cost $500 total but that also included a lifetime repainting warranty if the paint ever chipped or anything. I forgot what the company name was but they also would come to your house and paint the rims at your house. I had the work done in Atlanta if that helps at all.