Notices

ARB Mini......Just Got It

Old 01-08-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Snoyota will become famous soon enoughSnoyota will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Taylor
Snoyota's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Mini......Just Got It

I just got the ARB mini compressor for christmas, I am planning on powering my rear locker once I get it. My question is if I get a tank can the compressor fill it with enough PSI so I can inflate my tires. All help is greatly appreciated
Old 01-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
2.5 gallons at 150 psi isnt even enough for 1 tire flat to 35 psi, 33s
Old 01-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
2.5 gallons at 150 psi isnt even enough for 1 tire flat to 35 psi, 33s
I believe vair makes a 7 gallon tank, but that would have to be mounted in the bed, which you may not want, and more than likely still isn't enough for all of the tires. but if the compressor is hooked up correctly, you should be alright, they'll inflate tires surprisingly quick for their size.

the only way to inflate tires with a reasonably small tank is to use a powertank or something similar
Old 01-08-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
swiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shed
swiss's Tacoma Gallery
The ARB mini compressor is not rated to fill tires. It was designed to run the lockers. Assuming we are talking about the CSKA12, it rated at .47CFM at 29 psi with a duty cycle of 35%. Meaning you're not getting much volume at all at load and you can only run it continuously for 21 minutes then you have to let it cool for 39 minutes.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Snoyota will become famous soon enoughSnoyota will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Taylor
Snoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I run A/Ts so i dont let their psi go below 10, And i run their street pressure at 33 psi. Can I fill my tires with my arb, with or without a tank, i wouldnt mind putting a large tank in the bed
Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #6
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
The ARB mini compressor is not rated to fill tires. It was designed to run the lockers. Assuming we are talking about the CSKA12, it rated at .47CFM at 29 psi with a duty cycle of 35%. Meaning you're not getting much volume at all at load and you can only run it continuously for 21 minutes then you have to let it cool for 39 minutes.
my bad
Old 01-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
swiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shedswiss is one of the sharper tools in the shed
swiss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post

Is it going to take more than 21 minutes to fill all 4 tires from 10 psi to 33 psi?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The mini compressor could fill the tank - but it'd take a long time. You'll deplete the air in the tank and the mini will never be able to replenish the tank fast enough.

Use the mini to get your locker functional.

Then, down the road.....you can put in a full on-board air system and sell the mini. That's what my husband and I did with our jeep/arb's.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #9
sam_i02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Samir
sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
The mini compressor could fill the tank - but it'd take a long time. You'll deplete the air in the tank and the mini will never be able to replenish the tank fast enough.

Use the mini to get your locker functional.

Then, down the road.....you can put in a full on-board air system and sell the mini. That's what my husband and I did with our jeep/arb's.
^^^^ i second this. You can fill tires, but between the duty cycle and the flowrate of the compressor it could take you a loooong time to do and will not be practical. Keep this compressor for the lockers and get a bigger one down the road to fill tires.

The other thing you can do is put a 7 gal tank (like you suggested) in the bed and before leaving on an offroad trip, use a larger compressor, say one in your garage or at a gas station to fill the tank to 150 psi or higher (depending on the rating of the tank). You can then top your tires off directly off this tank without need of the ARB compressor.

The third option is to get a portable compressor to fill your tires. There is a Vair 400 series for sale in the "Buy/Sell" section of this forum. Those things are pretty sweet. I just got a Vair 325 to run lockers and provide tire-fill for emergencies.

Let us know what you decide
Old 01-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Also, if you seek air for your tires...you could also consider getting a liquid CO2 setup temporarily until you have a full blown onboard air system. I had a 10 gallon setup for a while and went to a 20gallon setup. Here's a writeup:
http://www.lieblweb.com/liquidco2.html
Old 01-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Or, you could send the mini compressor back and get the "High Output" compressor which CAN be used to inflate your tires.