Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nitto Terra Grapplers on Stock Wheels?

Old 01-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
1 loud trd is on a distinguished road
Name: Rex
1 loud trd's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Terra Grapplers on Stock Wheels?

I'm planning on installing a 3" lift in my 2005 Tacoma DC and I was wondering if 285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers will fit on the stock TRD Off Road wheels? I'd love a new set of rims but I won't have the money after the lift and tires. Also, would I need some wheel spacers to fit these tires without any problems?? Any help would really be appreciated, thanks!!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You will need wheel spacers.

spidertrax makes some high quality ones.

You also will need to trim some plastic, and possibly chop the cab mount.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

How many times have you answered that question this week?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
How many times have you answered that question this week?
At least a dozen. Someone's got to do the dirty work.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At least a dozen. Someone's got to do the dirty work.
You are far kinder than I.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Next most common question is "Hey what do you guys think of this spacer and block kit? Who makes the BEST one?!"
Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
Quote:

Thanks KPT, for the heads up on wheel spacers. I'm actually going with bilsteins @ .85 with the eibach springs up front...does that change anything at all as far as the tires fitting and/or trimming? (Sorry I didn't mention this before)
Old 01-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 loud trd View Post
Thanks KPT, for the heads up on wheel spacers. I'm actually going with bilsteins @ .85 with the eibach springs up front...does that change anything at all as far as the tires fitting and/or trimming? (Sorry I didn't mention this before)
Wow excellent choice of lift. Disregard my spacers and blocks derogatory statement above.

There are plenty of folks running 285's on 2.5" of lift. But they all have to trim as I noted above.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
Quote:
Wow excellent choice of lift. Disregard my spacers and blocks derogatory statement above.

There are plenty of folks running 285's on 2.5" of lift. But they all have to trim as I noted above.
Yeah, I thought about a spacer lift for about 2 seconds and decided against it. I just heard too many bad things about them.

How about these body mounts, what do you have to do to get these things "chopped"? Do you know if there's a post somewhere showing some pictures and/or instructions on how to remove them?? Thanks, again.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 loud trd View Post
Yeah, I thought about a spacer lift for about 2 seconds and decided against it. I just heard too many bad things about them.

How about these body mounts, what do you have to do to get these things "chopped"? Do you know if there's a post somewhere showing some pictures and/or instructions on how to remove them?? Thanks, again.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ight=cab+mount