Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd gen 4runner wheels on 2nd gen tacoma

Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony Mandarich
builthatch's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen 4runner wheels on 2nd gen tacoma

yes, the "ugly" 4 spoke wheels.

so, it looks like they are 15x7 and have 4.75" backspacing, the same bolt pattern and the same hub bore (from what i can find)

is there any reason these wouldn't fit? i've read that 15" can't be used on 6 bolt 2nd gens due the brake caliper clearance issues.

also, the center caps look identical front to back on those, which would be nice - they don't seem to have a huge hub hole in the front like some older 4wd, but i'm still looking.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post

is there any reason these wouldn't fit? i've read that 15" can't be used on 6 bolt 2nd gens due the brake caliper clearance issues.
That's correct. In fact, some models of 16's don't fit either due to the calipers.