Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Different oil filters

Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #61
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
sweat and dirt dauber carcasses
ah,yes.....forgot bout those man!!

and pain pills too!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #62
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
If there was an external oil filter kit out there for the Toy engines, and you could put any size and type of filter you wanted on it, what would you use?

Would it be better to run two filters in parallel, assuming both could trap 7 micron gunk. Parallel would give a lot longer time before they slowed the flow rate or (forbid) opened their bypass valves.

In series let the first filter catch the majority of stuff, whatever slips through it the second filter could catch (I know if 7 micron particles slip through the first one they'll slip through the second one too, but odds are good some of them would get trapped). Then you could change the first filter every 3K miles and the 2nd one every maybe 10K miles?

On my 68 Charger I ran a dual external, and they were in parallel. Still changed both filters every 3K. Had a high volume pump on the side of the block and wanted to make sure the pumps own bypass valve wasn't opening cause the filters couldn't handle the flow.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #63
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
If there was an external oil filter kit out there for the Toy engines, and you could put any size and type of filter you wanted on it, what would you use?

Would it be better to run two filters in parallel, assuming both could trap 7 micron gunk. Parallel would give a lot longer time before they slowed the flow rate or (forbid) opened their bypass valves.

In series let the first filter catch the majority of stuff, whatever slips through it the second filter could catch (I know if 7 micron particles slip through the first one they'll slip through the second one too, but odds are good some of them would get trapped). Then you could change the first filter every 3K miles and the 2nd one every maybe 10K miles?

On my 68 Charger I ran a dual external, and they were in parallel. Still changed both filters every 3K. Had a high volume pump on the side of the block and wanted to make sure the pumps own bypass valve wasn't opening cause the filters couldn't handle the flow.
too much science and work for me man....think i'll stick with a mobil1 m1-102 filter every 5k miles.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #64
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
There are a bunch of kits out there for almost all vehicles, Toyotas included:
http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/bypass.htm

I think that unless you are going for extended drain intervals, its not financially prudent.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #65
grantfire319 has a spectacular aura aboutgrantfire319 has a spectacular aura aboutgrantfire319 has a spectacular aura about
grantfire319's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i work in law enforcement

i put a big red target on my back every morning i go to work in order for you to go to work safely

by all means...please...dog it out

edit

i dont mean to dog on anyone who is a good honest member of society...around here those type of places are work release places and theres no sense of a job well done

My dad is a retired cop and I was Full time Firefighter for 3 years untill wife had problems.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #66
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

I think that unless you are going for extended drain intervals, its not financially prudent.
Wow I'll agree with you there! I paid nowhere near that kind of money for the Charger setup!

Kinda cool how they have a filter system that's 100% efficient at 2 microns though...that's filtering!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #67
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i will agree with that...im just saying i shouldnt HAVE to...its sad that in this day and age we really do HAVE to check behind someone being paid to do a job to ensure that they did it correctly and sufficiently
As I can agree with that also.....There are putz's everywhere in my department. I work on a small piece of machinery with 2-3 employees whom I'm in charge of. Since I'm overall responsible for the entire safety, quality, & production - I have to make sure everyone is doing their jobs.

BABYSITTING!!!

And even the damn entry level people think they can run the machinery (and don't get me started on that one).
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #68
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a japanese dozen (10 according to the parts guy) for $42. I know its a bigger (taller) filter than the fram. Ill have to see where it was made