1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2 Questions, still a newbie!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Boss 302, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jan 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    Boss 302

Boss 302 [OP] Member

Member:
    S.E. Mi.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road Prerunner
    1st question, on my 2008 Tacoma TRD 4.0L does the dealer 30,000 mile maintenance include spark plug replacement (exactly what is performed at this interval on a prerunner). 2nd question, has anybody rented a Auto Transport from U-Haul (double axle flatbed) and did they give you a hard time. My truck is a double cab with factory tow package and 4 leaf rear springs. The lady said that my truck was not on her recommended tow list. I dont think she knew what she was doing and I did not have time to argue with her. I know these trailers do not weigh more than 2,000 pounds and my transport car weighs in at around 3,400, my truck is tow rated to 6,500. Anybody else have this problem? One of the main reasons for purchasing this truck was for vary rarly towing my classic car.

2. Jan 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    14 DC Trd Off Road
    you should be good on the trailer many people on here have towed more than it is rated for as long as you know what you are doing you should be good

3. Jan 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    #1 = YES, changing spark plugs is part of the 30,000 mile maintenance

#2 = YES, U-haul has a list of vehicles that they won't rent for towing their trailers. It's a liability issue and they don't want to be responsible for going over your limit. You MIGHT be able to convince them to rent you a trailer IF you can proove that you have 6500lb capacity ..... and let them know exactly what you are towing.
    I had a similar situation with them a while back. I never did rent one. The hydraulic brakes and rentals scare me.

4. Jan 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM
    johnny 5

johnny 5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Black 07 TRD Off road 4x4
    7-6'' sno-way plow w/DP
    I have a 07 Tacoma and I think 6500 lbs is a little much for this truck, I know it can do it but it's not happy doing it. You should have electricbrakes with a trailor that heavy in a panic stop the trailor will push you like nothing.

5. Jan 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    I have an '08 DC TRD Sport, and when I rented my U-Haul to tow my Firebird, they told me that the trailer/firebird weight was too high for the truck, even though the tow-rating from toyota is like, 7000lbs. So, I booked the U-Haul online, and said I was hauling a Civic. The Civic being so light, it checked as OK on the U-Haul site, and they booked me. I then took the trailer home, put my firebird on it, and drove her across Canada. My MPG sucked, but the Taco got the job done, up the mountains, etc... NO issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top