1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Husky liner or Weathertech?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Deano, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jan 13, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    Nick Sells

Nick Sells Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elgin, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    I have weathertech can't complain I haven't had them long enough to tell if there are any issues but I ended up getting the front two for 33 bucks brand new so I wont have too much room to complain if they do.

2. Jan 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Breckenridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Silver
    Debadge, 5% Tint, Kolbalt Low Pro Tool Box, Satoshi, Ebay Black Headlights, 3000k Fogs With Yellow Stain glass Paint, Fog Anytime, Mag Light Mount, Husky Floor Liners, OME 3inch With 885's, Add Leaf, 16inch Steelies, 305/70/16 Dick Cepek Mud Countries, Tiregate Bed Mount, Sock Monkey Badges
    you talking about the digi fit huskys? never had a issue with sliding considering they are cut to fit perfect. the weathertechs in the photos look like there are spots without grip and they also have the the hook which i see pointless with digi fit mats. more or less a hole for water as mentioned . but i also had to get the huskys. i only drive standard vehicles

3. Jan 14, 2011 at 6:13 AM
    Deano

Deano [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    Sport access cab 4x4
    Got the husy's and they seem to fit fine. Didn't want to try a 2009 year for my 2010 if the co. doesn't list it as makeing one for it yet just in case there was some minor change. Too much trouble to ship something back if there was. If they make them and can't tell me it fits i won't buy it for that year. Pain when you don't have them in hand to try first. THe way life is anymore. For people in a warm climate i am sure my weathertech mats would work fine but not when i am in a snow state. Probably try to sell my grey weathertech floor mats and get back some of my loss.

4. Jan 14, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    nrm

nrm Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4.0 DCSB TRD Off-Road
    4-leaf TSB and Eibach 620 coils with Bilstein 5100's set to 0". AFE intake and Gibson cat-back exhaust. Bestop canvas topper
    After reading this thread last night, I decided on a set of the Husky's from Street Side Auto. $105 shipped. Couldn't come close to that price for the weathertechs.

5. Jan 14, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    I've had both. The Weathertechs provide superior coverage, especially over the door sill area where most of the stuff is flung when entering the vehicle.

If the idea is to protect the carpet from staining, smell, Weathertechs are the best i have seen to date.

6. Jan 14, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    bizjettech

bizjettech Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    Were your weathertechs the digitalfits? I would be interested in buying them if they are?

7. Feb 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    K Williams

K Williams Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road V6 MT
    Banks Monster Exhaust URD Stage II Clutch
    Does anyone know how to remove the double floor hooks so I can install the Husky liners? :confused: Thanks. Time to find the owner's manual to see if it has any instructions in the meantime. LOL

8. Feb 6, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    I believe you just pull up on them. The bottom clip can be pinched to remove it a bit easier. Maybe a set of needle nose pliers of you can't pull it up high enough.

When I ordered my Weathertechs, they came with a new set of floor clips, so maybe the Husky Liners will too, if you're concerned about breaking one.

9. Feb 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    I would agree with the previous poster who questioned the need for the holes for the floor hooks with the WeatherTech digifits. I have the WeatherTech digifits for a 2010 double cab and they fit so well that they would not move at all - even without the holes for the floor hooks. I suspect the holes for the floor hooks are there to comply with some Toyota requirement that they be there - not sure. Anyway the holes for the hooks are raised up - i.e. there is a bump where the hooks are located - so water and stuff won't run into the holes. I guess if liquid fell down directly on the hook holes some of it could get through to the carpet. I haven't dumped a drink onto my floor or anything like that - but we have had snow on the ground for about month straight now - so I am always getting into the truck with dirty/wet shoes. So far, nothing has made it to the carpet at all. The great thing about the WeatherTechs is that they come up over the door sill. When you clean your truck it is very easy to wipe out the floor area with a damp rag. You just wipe everything to the door side of the floor mats - then wipe it up and over the door sill and right out onto the ground. There is really no need to vacuum your floors with these floor liners. I've got a black truck with gray interior. I went with the black mats and I don't regret it. The black mats look good with the gray interior and I think they show less dirt/crud when they are dirty.

10. Feb 6, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    K Williams

K Williams Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road V6 MT
    Banks Monster Exhaust URD Stage II Clutch
    I tried pulling upon it, but all that's happening is that it pulling the carpet off the floor of the truck. Maybe the clip isn't popping out because the cold weather makes the plastic rigid?? I don't want to rip the carpet off the floor, which looks like what will happen if I pull the hook with full strength.

11. Feb 8, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    I have the WeatherTechs Digifits and love them, they look great and hold up well. Just ordered a second set for my '06 Mustang and will get a set for the wife's Cobalt next.

12. Feb 8, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Factory all weather are awesome and frequently touted as the best.

The weathertech seem cheap to me. They "kind of" fit. and get filthy quickly.
    But hey, toyota made the truck super light colored.

Get thems "off road" all weather mats that toyota sells. Black is where its at for floor mats.

13. Mar 13, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    a bump... my Digi fit huskies served as a vomit retention device last night. Sorry guys, no pics :p

Products Discussed in

To Top