LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Husky liner or Weathertech?

Old 01-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #21
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
I have weathertech can't complain I haven't had them long enough to tell if there are any issues but I ended up getting the front two for 33 bucks brand new so I wont have too much room to complain if they do.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #22
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
huskys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett's TRD View Post
I've had both... personally, like the weathertechs way better. Much snugger fit, and they don't slide around. That's what drives me crazy with the Huskys
you talking about the digi fit huskys? never had a issue with sliding considering they are cut to fit perfect. the weathertechs in the photos look like there are spots without grip and they also have the the hook which i see pointless with digi fit mats. more or less a hole for water as mentioned . but i also had to get the huskys. i only drive standard vehicles
Old 01-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #23
Deano is on a distinguished road
Army: combat medic Vietnam
Name: Dean
Deano's Tacoma Gallery
Got the husy's and they seem to fit fine. Didn't want to try a 2009 year for my 2010 if the co. doesn't list it as makeing one for it yet just in case there was some minor change. Too much trouble to ship something back if there was. If they make them and can't tell me it fits i won't buy it for that year. Pain when you don't have them in hand to try first. THe way life is anymore. For people in a warm climate i am sure my weathertech mats would work fine but not when i am in a snow state. Probably try to sell my grey weathertech floor mats and get back some of my loss.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #24
nrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
nrm's Tacoma Gallery
After reading this thread last night, I decided on a set of the Husky's from Street Side Auto. $105 shipped. Couldn't come close to that price for the weathertechs.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #25
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I've had both. The Weathertechs provide superior coverage, especially over the door sill area where most of the stuff is flung when entering the vehicle.

If the idea is to protect the carpet from staining, smell, Weathertechs are the best i have seen to date.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #26
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Were your weathertechs the digitalfits? I would be interested in buying them if they are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Got the husy's and they seem to fit fine. Didn't want to try a 2009 year for my 2010 if the co. doesn't list it as makeing one for it yet just in case there was some minor change. Too much trouble to ship something back if there was. If they make them and can't tell me it fits i won't buy it for that year. Pain when you don't have them in hand to try first. THe way life is anymore. For people in a warm climate i am sure my weathertech mats would work fine but not when i am in a snow state. Probably try to sell my grey weathertech floor mats and get back some of my loss.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #27
K Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shed
K Williams's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to K Williams
Question Removing Floor Hooks?

Does anyone know how to remove the double floor hooks so I can install the Husky liners? Thanks. Time to find the owner's manual to see if it has any instructions in the meantime. LOL
Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #28
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
I believe you just pull up on them. The bottom clip can be pinched to remove it a bit easier. Maybe a set of needle nose pliers of you can't pull it up high enough.

When I ordered my Weathertechs, they came with a new set of floor clips, so maybe the Husky Liners will too, if you're concerned about breaking one.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #29
JWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JWC's Tacoma Gallery
I would agree with the previous poster who questioned the need for the holes for the floor hooks with the WeatherTech digifits. I have the WeatherTech digifits for a 2010 double cab and they fit so well that they would not move at all - even without the holes for the floor hooks. I suspect the holes for the floor hooks are there to comply with some Toyota requirement that they be there - not sure. Anyway the holes for the hooks are raised up - i.e. there is a bump where the hooks are located - so water and stuff won't run into the holes. I guess if liquid fell down directly on the hook holes some of it could get through to the carpet. I haven't dumped a drink onto my floor or anything like that - but we have had snow on the ground for about month straight now - so I am always getting into the truck with dirty/wet shoes. So far, nothing has made it to the carpet at all. The great thing about the WeatherTechs is that they come up over the door sill. When you clean your truck it is very easy to wipe out the floor area with a damp rag. You just wipe everything to the door side of the floor mats - then wipe it up and over the door sill and right out onto the ground. There is really no need to vacuum your floors with these floor liners. I've got a black truck with gray interior. I went with the black mats and I don't regret it. The black mats look good with the gray interior and I think they show less dirt/crud when they are dirty.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #30
K Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shed
K Williams's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to K Williams
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
I believe you just pull up on them. The bottom clip can be pinched to remove it a bit easier. Maybe a set of needle nose pliers of you can't pull it up high enough.

When I ordered my Weathertechs, they came with a new set of floor clips, so maybe the Husky Liners will too, if you're concerned about breaking one.
I tried pulling upon it, but all that's happening is that it pulling the carpet off the floor of the truck. Maybe the clip isn't popping out because the cold weather makes the plastic rigid?? I don't want to rip the carpet off the floor, which looks like what will happen if I pull the hook with full strength.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #32
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Factory all weather are awesome and frequently touted as the best.

The weathertech seem cheap to me. They "kind of" fit. and get filthy quickly.
But hey, toyota made the truck super light colored.

Get thems "off road" all weather mats that toyota sells. Black is where its at for floor mats.

Products Discussed in this Thread