Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toytec ULK with ARB and winch

Old 01-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec ULK with ARB and winch

I've done alot of searching and got quite a bit of info, but now I'd like to see some specifics.

I'm lifting my '06 AC TRD Sport with the Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit and adding an ARB Bumper and XRC8 winch.

The questions I have are regarding the front coilovers. Has anyone with this particular setup had any problems with sagging, and if so, will adjusting the coils alittle taller make up for it in the long run.

I've read all the posts about the OME 886's, and almost went that way, but I didn't expect to buy the bumper this soon and didn't want the harsh ride without the extra weight up front.

My concern is long term destruction of the front suspension.

So...anyone have any input/experience with the ULK and the ARB/winch combo.

Pics of all views are appreciated, as are suggestions, comments, and flaming!...I can take it, I've been married twice.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

BTW...I am installing the OME Dakars also...don't think it matters though!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it might sag about 1/2" but you can adjust the coilovers easily
Old 01-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Like he said above just adjust them up about about .2 inches and check your CV angles after. It'll give you a little softer ride as well with the added weight. Other then that you'll be GTG!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
/\= IPhone fail!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, appreciate the thoughts.

Just trying to do it right the first time...then I get kinda manic about "stuff" for the truck. Tires and rims are next! SCARY!!