Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rattle on left side

Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
neneago is on a distinguished road
neneago's Tacoma Gallery
Rattle on left side

My 2006 Tacoma is making a thump sound when going over small bumps with my front left tire. My vin is within the NV003-06 "Bumper Extension" TSB. I took my whole front bumper and the extensions off.

I took it around the block and it was still making the thump/rattle noise.

Went home and took of the left front tire. Started wiggling things around and the brake caliper just came right off. I was shocked!!! No way the two bolts that hold it together came off. Im sure who ever worked on the brakes forgot to put them back.

I notice a crevice in the brake assembly...is that normal? I dont want to bolt it back with something missing inside of it. Where can i get the correct bolts? Part Number? Thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
neneago's Tacoma Gallery
Just took off the right wheel to compare the parts. All parts are still in the left caliper, all Im missing is the two bolts. Took the bolt to home depot but couldnt find it. I'll be going to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they have them in stock.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Damn dude...good catch. That could've been bad!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Those are probably shoulder bolts, necessary for the caliper to "float". Home Depot would never have them

Check the inside of your rim for score marks. The rim kept the caliper in place.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
neneago's Tacoma Gallery
Went to the dealer and ordered the two bolts. Here is the part number if anyone ever needs them.

90105-08304