LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Billet Grill Installation on 2011

Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kevin
avengedkevinfold's Tacoma Gallery
Billet Grill Installation on 2011

No longer looking to do this. Please do NOT PM me about trading my grill for an older grill cause it won't happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Billet Grill Installation on 2011-grill-before.jpg   Billet Grill Installation on 2011-2011-01-09-15.23.59.jpg   Billet Grill Installation on 2011-2011-01-09-15.23.48.jpg   Billet Grill Installation on 2011-2011-01-09-15.23.40.jpg   Billet Grill Installation on 2011-2011-01-09-15.24.08.jpg  

Old 01-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There is probably a ton of guys that would trade you their grill for yours. Once you have done that you wouldn't feel so bad for cutting it up. lol
Old 01-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
xenadogs is on a distinguished road
xenadogs's Tacoma Gallery
It will be fine! Cut the triangles as flush as possible then grab a file and file them down. The only way one can tell is if they get a flash light and study the damn thing. My 2011 grill craft mod came out fine.

Just do it!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenadogs View Post
It will be fine! Cut the triangles as flush as possible then grab a file and file them down. The only way one can tell is if they get a flash light and study the damn thing. My 2011 grill craft mod came out fine.

Just do it!
Thanks for the advice. Good to know I'm not the 1st to do it on the 2011. Can you post some pics? Also, whats the trick to disassemble the hood skoop?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #5
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
That kit you are looking at is made to attach over the factory grill like mine. It comes with L-brackets that hooks to the factory grilles and tightened with supplied screws/nuts. It will sit flushed if tightened enough. The hood scoop grill sits over the metal factory mesh and will require you to drill holes through the back plastic to secure the grille.Same with the triangle pieces. I didn't use the hood grill because I like the factory setup(a little too much IMO). I heard of guys cutting the factory grill for a custom look but it will weakened the setup since the grille is a little heavy and you will get more "radiator see- through" w/o the factory center piece. Install is a snap, especially if you take the factory grille off the truck. Keep in mind you can go back to stock easily if the center piece is left intact.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #6
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i would trade my satoshi'd grille for your 2011 grille! then its really easy to do the mod cause everything is already done
Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
I don't say to much
KevinD is a glorious beacon of lightKevinD is a glorious beacon of lightKevinD is a glorious beacon of lightKevinD is a glorious beacon of lightKevinD is a glorious beacon of lightKevinD is a glorious beacon of light

KevinD's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a little different than the one you want but it should install just the same as the way Wattapunk discribed. Its very clean and easy.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #8
T-Rex Grill install PDFS

T-Rex Grill install PDFS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 25895.pdf (33.5 KB, 158 views)
File Type: pdf 20937 Tacoma 2011 Side Vent.pdf (239.0 KB, 179 views)
File Type: pdf 20936 Tacoma 2011 BG.pdf (366.5 KB, 147 views)