Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3 inch lift options

Old 01-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kevin
avengedkevinfold's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch lift options

I've got a 2011 tacoma 2wd. I'm looking to get a 3 inch lift. I don't go offroading. I might go on a dirt road occasionally. I want the lift for the looks.
I've read a lot of forums on here but still a bit confused. I understand I have a couple of options for a Toytec lift.

1-Get a Toytec OME lift with the AAL a new light racing UCA.

2-Get a Toytec 3 inch spacer with the AAL and new light racing UCA.

With setup 2, will I experience any problems? Whats the incentive to spend the extra money for option 1 in my situation?

Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks guys.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Get billies 5100 all the way around. Much more comfortable ride! Spacers suck ass.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do the spindle drop with a 2wd and AAL.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
spindle drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
What is a spindle drop and why would you do that?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Billies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Get billies 5100 all the way around. Much more comfortable ride! Spacers suck ass.
Is that what you have?

Did you do that AAL thing? If so, any problems with ride after the AAL?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedkevinfold View Post
What is a spindle drop and why would you do that?
Spindles are hands-down the best way to lift a prerunner. It keeps the factory ride and geometry with basically no ill affects.

They are around $1000 though.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
Spindle Drop

Whenever I google a spindle drop it seems that they are used to lower the truck. Are there any threads with more information? Do any companies make spindle drop kits to lift?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whenever I google a spindle drop it seems that they are used to lower the truck. Are there any threads with more information? Do any companies make spindle drop kits to lift?
Try spindle lift.

http://exaltmotorsports.com/i-360630...-2wd-only.html
Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
Spindle

Doesn't the spindle lift make the front tires stick out?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
Billies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
What kind of lift can I expect from the billies in the front and back?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't the spindle lift make the front tires stick out?
Yes it does. I can't recall how much off the top of my head though.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
OOPS!! I meant spindle LIFT. I was thinking about my buddy who dropped his old Chev.