Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Please Help with Tips on Grill Craft Install

Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
Please Help with Tips on Grill Craft Install

My Grillcraft Mesh Grille will be here on Thursday and wanted to start gathering what I may need for the install. I was wondering what is the best thing to use to cut out the center on my stock grille?

What kind of saw should I use? Any photos and tips you guys may have would be really helpful..

Thanks For any Help
Old 01-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazze2005 View Post
My Grillcraft Mesh Grille will be here on Thursday and wanted to start gathering what I may need for the install. I was wondering what is the best thing to use to cut out the center on my stock grille?

What kind of saw should I use? Any photos and tips you guys may have would be really helpful..

Thanks For any Help
Just getta saw with a fine blade...like a pvc saw would be perfect. And maybe some fine grit sand paper so its smooth and finished (not that you'll see it)
Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
ChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud of

ChopperCam's Tacoma Gallery
I just used a cordless Reciprocating Saw to do mine, turned out good. Just take your time and remember to paint your rad if you want that all black look.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
I will be painting the A/C Condenser when it warms up around here...

Any recommendation on what black spray paint to use?

Do I have to use High Heat paint on the A/C Condenser?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I used a close quarters hacksaw (google it) and it worked great since the plastic is pretty soft and the Dremel just didn't fit well.

As for paint, what I and quite a few others on here, use flat black BBQ paint. Not sure if the high-temp part is required or not, but better safe than sorry.