Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery

dude if your gonna wheel and can afford it, I would save for a while. This is a good kit but the articulation sucks. Go fox resi's I am kicking myself for not doing it
Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
yeah? kind of going for a wheeling/camping truck. feel its the best for the money?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
its a good kit and that is what I set mine up for. Get me to river put ins and trail heads. It lifts your truck and rides well just doesnt flex for shit. If your not wheeling hard it will do the job. Fox Resi's and any other resi shock will be pricy. Here is a pic of its limitations.

thats my buddy in the pic now look at his jeep. If you go with an extended flex set up (mid travel) you will keep all 4 on the ground.

Like I said though, I very rarely wheel just to wheel. I drive shitty trails to get to a specific point, I take every bypass I can and it works fine. If you are tring to wheel hard it would be worth it to save a little, if not it is a solid kit that will not cause issues for your truck
Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
yeah im still sticking with it. ill upgrade later if i have the money. thanks for the info though
Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #6

Army:
not a bad plan man. I didnt even notice you lived in Breck. Ill be up there next weekend if you wanna see it in person
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
j83soldier - You running the sway bar still? I couldn't tell from the pics. I know that made a huge difference for me. Comparing a jeep's articulation to a tacoma's is apples to oranges. I havn't wheeled to many crazy places but the few I have it seems to articulate well. It's definetly better in the rear and that's what tires you want on the ground.

All around I really like this set up but if you are going to wheel hard, I'd do ICON extended travel up front and wheelers 3 leaf pack and 5100's in the rear. That would only put you a couple hundred over the Ultimate kit. Of course you would need new UCA's but would want them anyways for the alignment issues you will most likely have.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!-2010-06-30-15.17.46.jpg   Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!-2010-06-30-15.22.55.jpg   Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!-imag0131.jpg  
Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #10
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
I have toytec..but not the ultimate...but kinda
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
Bobby D
Dasler is on a distinguished road
Name: Bobby D
Dasler's Tacoma Gallery
TOYTEC ULTIMATE!!!!!!!

3 INCH , AAL, BF goodrichAT, 285/75/16, Dick Cepek,, DC-1
LOVE IT!!
Attached Thumbnails
Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!-truck-001.jpg   Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!-truck-003.jpg   Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!-truck-007.jpg   Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!-truck-015-009.jpg   Lets see pics of your Toytec ultimate 3" !!!-truck-015-013.jpg  

Old 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Same here, I've got the adjustable springs with 5100's. Just a little harder to install than the already assembled setup.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #13
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Same here, I've got the adjustable springs with 5100's. Just a little harder to install than the already assembled setup.
Yep, that what I did. It was a lot cheaper that way, but I wish I would have just gone spindles instead
Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #14
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
Toytec Ultimate, TC uca, 285/60/18,

Old 01-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine before I swapped out the ULK for a RCD kit.