Still new to Tacoma World but looking forward to getting my hands on a 2nd Gen. Tacoma as soon as I can.
Even though I don't have the truck yet, I thought I would go ahead and get started on a proposed list of modifications and add-ons for my future truck.
I ask for your suggestions due to the fact that I have never had the means to modify my truck into what I want, or I flat out just don't know as much as I would like about certain things. When it comes to looks, I know what I think looks good. But when talking about the functionality (lift, tires, etc.) I would like to know your thoughts, opinions and experiences with the different things.
Take it easy on me - still new !
I will be editing this post as I can. Sometimes I log on and don't have much time.
- I've determined that no matter what, I want a Double Cab.
- Color - not so sure. I want a color that easy to maintain but is still bold. It's between the following:
- Trim - TRD Off-Road
- Change out the exhaust.
At first, I wanted to go with the FlowMaster American Thunder exhaust system, but then came across the Aero Turbine exhaust. Now don't know which would be better.
- Intake - I've read that the stock intake on these Tacoma's is already considered to be cold air. So would an aftermarket CAI be a waste of money?
- Lift - Toytec 3" Front Spacer Lift with Rear AAls?
- Wheels - Don't really know that much about 'em.
- Tires - I've had some Uniroyal Liberators and like them but also like the looks of the Goodyear Wranglers. Size would obviously be determined after lift and wheels.
Cosmetics / Funtionality
- Eyelids @ Headlights - Like the looks.
- Grille - Maybe do a little modification to the grille.
- Light Bar - Nor sure which brand. Only three that I know of:
- Rear Bumper Fog Lighting - I don't konw if there are any manufacturer's out there that make some sort of rear bumper fog light attachment / modification, but this is one mod that I really want.
- Nerf Bars / Sliders - Still haven't decided.
- Tonneau Cover - Which is the best? I think this would come in handy.
- Locking Gas Cap - something that Toyota should have never gotten rid of on these trucks.
- Locking Compartments in Truck Bed - Just think you should be able to lock 'em.
- Inclinometer - Don't know if I really need it, but I think it would look cool.
- Performance Tracking - Either a Scanguage or a BullyDog
- Lighting - Modify the lighting on the interior with some lights.
- Seat Covers - of some sort.
Got to go for now but will be back to edit later.