Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tried and true lift???

Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
boxxed is on a distinguished road
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
tried and true lift???

I have an 09 dlb cab off road taco. I am interested in getting a lift. The problem is that I donít know a damn thing about it. I have searched and read a lot of different things about them but it seems like there is just so much to know.
I am interested in the Pro Comp stage 1 6" lift. But I donít know if itís really what I need. From what I read it sounds like it might be. However I am not opposed to the stage 2. I donít really plan on doing any off roading but that doesnít mean that it wonít change.. I like the look of a lifed truck but still would like a great set up. I dont really want to half ass it.
I just would like to get a tried and true life so I donít continue to have issues...
Then after this gets worked out I will need to consider wheel and tires. I will be living in Colorado by the time I get this done so it will have to be something that accommodates that great state.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
MachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Nick
MachoTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont do much wheeling, and just want a nice look and a reliable strong setup get bilstein 5100's for the front set at 2.5'' and an add a leaf for the rear. The 6'' lift will clear you the largest possible tire, but will kill your gas mileage. Like I said if you do not do much wheelin keep the lift moderate. The bilstein lift will allow to clear up to two tire sizes bigger than stock and is solid.