1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tried and true lift???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by boxxed, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Jan 10, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    boxxed

boxxed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road
    I have an 09 dlb cab off road taco. I am interested in getting a lift. The problem is that I don’t know a damn thing about it. I have searched and read a lot of different things about them but it seems like there is just so much to know.
    I am interested in the Pro Comp stage 1 6" lift. But I don’t know if it’s really what I need. From what I read it sounds like it might be. However I am not opposed to the stage 2. I don’t really plan on doing any off roading but that doesn’t mean that it won’t change.. I like the look of a lifed truck but still would like a great set up. I dont really want to half ass it.
    I just would like to get a tried and true life so I don’t continue to have issues...
    Then after this gets worked out I will need to consider wheel and tires. I will be living in Colorado by the time I get this done so it will have to be something that accommodates that great state.

Thanks

2. Jan 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    MachoTaco10

MachoTaco10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    If you dont do much wheeling, and just want a nice look and a reliable strong setup get bilstein 5100's for the front set at 2.5'' and an add a leaf for the rear. The 6'' lift will clear you the largest possible tire, but will kill your gas mileage. Like I said if you do not do much wheelin keep the lift moderate. The bilstein lift will allow to clear up to two tire sizes bigger than stock and is solid.

Products Discussed in

To Top