Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about Maint Reqd

Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Question about Maint Reqd

Does this start coming on when it is almost time for an oil change?
Mine just started coming on today. I am 500 miles from my first 5,000 oil change.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTacoma View Post
Does this start coming on when it is almost time for an oil change?
Mine just started coming on today. I am 500 miles from my first 5,000 oil change.
Yes, I think it blinks at 4,500 miles, then comes on solid at 5,000 miles. You have to reset it at every oil change. Ya know, that little book that came with your truck probably explains it pretty well...
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i would stomp back into my dealership and demand the manual. dont leave until they give you one. 2011, no manual? that's BS.

best toilet reading ever..except you cant run out there to check out what you just read..
Old 01-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it is warning you that is it getting closer to change your oil. After you have changed your oil, to reset the light, put the key in the ignition, hold down the mileage reset button and turn the key just to on and not start the truck. You should then see 5 or 6 lines count down until 0 and it should reset your maint light.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.