Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Icon add a leaf and 5100s set to 2.5

Old 01-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Icon add a leaf and 5100s set to 2.5

Got the Icon 3 leaf progressive add a leaf installed Saturday afternoon. Install went well. It was supposed to be a 1.5" lift but turned out to be about 2 1/4". Ride was really good. Had quite a bit of rake since the front 5100s were set at .85. I then decided to raise the front to the 1.75" setting. After raising I still had more rake than I wanted, so today I raised the front up to the 2.5" setting. Right where I want it now. I've got about 1" of rake. I haven't been able to drive it yet since we have 3.5" of snow and my driveway is downhill all the way with a creek at the bottom. I think the ride will be ok since my truck is a sport and has linear rate springs. I'm just hoping I can get the alignment where I want it now. If the ride is too stiff I'm going to order some Toytec springs. By the way, I'm getting pretty good at getting the front spring/shock off and on. Raising from the 1.75 setting to the 2.5 setting took me 50 minutes.

Here is a before picture for comparison

Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
LaTechLogan is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
LaTechLogan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm considering this same setup, I would love to know how the alignment turned out and how everything rides whenever you get a chance. Your truck looks great!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
will have to see if the back end settles
Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I had the stock 3 leaf springs. With this kit I removed the overload spring and installed the 3 leaf Icon. So, now I have 5 leafs.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
2006TRDSPORT
2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2006TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Love the truck man, I have a 2006 TRD Sport PreRunner that looks identical to yours, I have changed my mind on how to lift it several times and I'm curious how much the ICON 3 leaf springs were, as I was planning on using the Toytec 2" AAL on mine when I get it done. I'm also going with the Bilstein 5100's up front set at 2.5". Did you get UCA's for it or how does it ride without new ones if not. The main reason to get UCA's I hear is for the alignment, and possible "wondering" on the highway which I want no part of. I have the stock 3 leaf setup I'm pretty sure (cant just go look being that Im in Korea, lol). I just know before I came here, I towed a Uhaul 600+ miles and it was sagging a bit in the back with less then half the weight I should be able to tow, thus my reason for wanting at least an AAL, possibly a whole new set on each side to take care of that problem. Thanks for any help/advice!! OH, and that black on the lower bumper in the front, love it, nice touch!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:49 AM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
No wandering, no problem getting alignment within acceptable specs with 5100's @ 2.5".
Old 05-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
I had the stock 3 leaf springs. With this kit I removed the overload spring and installed the 3 leaf Icon. So, now I have 5 leafs.
Why did you decide to remove the overload spring?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
Why did you decide to remove the overload spring?
I think they rec'd you to take the over load leaf out, it says you can use it with the 3 leaf pack but most places will say you remove the OL leaf.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willimatic View Post
I think they rec'd you to take the over load leaf out, it says you can use it with the 3 leaf pack but most places will say you remove the OL leaf.
The reason that I was asking is because I am getting ready to put a set of the Icon add a leafs on my first generation tacoma. The directions made no mention of the over load leaf.