Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need Help With Warranty Issue

Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Need Help With Warranty Issue

I have a 2008 Tacoma and I just went over my 36,000 mile warranty, but I have purchased the Platinum warranty through Toyota ..... I am having problems with my blower fan and the "SQUEALING" that it does when at low speeds. Well I took it to the dealership and they said that they will cover the parts and the labor for installing the part, but will not cover the cost of the "SOUND STOPPING" part and the installation of this sound stopping part when they have put the new blower fan in. The cost of this is about 120 dollars. 85 for labor and 35 dollars for the sound stopping kit. Should the platinum cover all of this?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Yes I did and they changed the blower fan... but it started doing this again.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Call Toyota Corporate and see if they can help.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #5
reg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shed
reg boulette's Tacoma Gallery
Your ECP should cover this as the Platinum plan is all inclusive. There are a couple of TSB's you should look up as well. Unfortunately, don't have the TSB's at hand but include the fan motor and sound dampening kit. Try searching or maybe someone else here knows them.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:42 AM   #6
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota Platinum warranty doesn't cover TSB's; however the warranty specifically states it covers the blower motor and assembly. Call Toyota corporate; they'll call the dealer and have them fix it.

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consu...S_Platinum.pdf