Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help deciding what to do

Old 01-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
Need help deciding what to do

So I have a dilemma and I could use some advice on what y'all would do in this situation. My grandma saw my truck when I was home on leave during Christmas. She is worried about how many miles are on it and it being used and all, so she offered to trade me straight up for her Tacoma. I've told her mine is perfect and not even broken in yet, but she wants an answer. I still owe about 10k on mine, but it's pretty much the truck I've always wanted. So here's the break down:

Mine is an 07 4x4 Sport Access cab SWB with 89000 miles.
Her's is an 05 Prerunner silver with.............7900 miles. That's right, seven thousand nine hundred miles!

The thing is she doesn't drive it anymore, and really never did so it just sits in her driveway. AND it's paid off, so no more monthly payments. On the other hand, it's only a prerunner and its not the truck that I searched for for 5 months to make sure I got exactly what I wanted.

I guess the big question is, should I keep paying $300 a month for a couple more years for MY truck, or trade for something that's not what I wanted, but have no payments and in almost brand new condition. What would you do?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Keep what u got if thats the truck u want
Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
89000 miles is low miles in my book on any car or truck especially on a toyota
Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
keep.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
smart thing to do is trade, but if it were me I would keep it. I wouldn't ever want a 2wd truck and considering you already have a 4X4 I would never trade. But thats just my thoughts.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
My grandma drives a Buick. How do I get her to drive a Tacoma?????
Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If you never use the 4wd then it's smart to trade. Don't do it if you go offroading.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
dont put grandma in a worn out truck.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
never a 4x4 for a pre runner

unless you dont need the 4x4.

but thank her for the offer
Old 01-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Ask her to let you do a motor and trans swap. Then get her to make the payments on your truck. Sounds like a win win...... Good luck! Keep the truck and give grandma a hug and a kiss, tell her ya love her and thank her.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
coylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tk
coylifut's Tacoma Gallery
tell G-ma that it's time to make your own way in the world and although you very much appreciate the offer, you are a contented man. she'll think highly of you and leave you the house.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #12
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrd99 View Post
My grandma drives a Buick. How do I get her to drive a Tacoma?????
Haha no idea man

Quote:
Originally Posted by coylifut View Post
she'll think highly of you and leave you the house.
Good idea..

I told her thanks but no thanks. I think it was more she was concerned for me getting around. Considering her cars never have more than 20000 miles on them after 10 years 89000 to her sounds crazy. Thank God for awesome grandparents though
Old 01-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
lcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
lcogginz's Tacoma Gallery
It's a really sweet offer, but if I were you I'd keep my truck. You already said it's the one you really wanted. Plus, I'd feel badly at the end of the day putting my grandmother in a high mileage truck with payments. It really is a selfless offer, but I'd stay where you are.