Notices

Carrier Bearing Help

View Poll Results: What do you think
Replace Carrier Bearing 5 55.56%
Greasing it prob did the trick dont worry too much 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Carrier Bearing Help

Ok so about a week ago did a tranny flush everything went great.....but last night my GF noticed that in reverse my truck would squeak really bad and it was only in reverse....so I went under and lubed up my leaf springs figuring they were like the problem like always but they werent. Then the sound starting sound like my rear tires were rubbing something, but they werent. So I than grabbed the WD40 to try and locate the problem well i sprayed the carrier bearing drove around in reverse and after a little bit it went away. So i drove home and it came back bc i only use WD40 and just right now I used some grease around the carrier bearing U joint and had to drive it around in reverse and it finally went away.

My question is....Is my Carrier bearing blown or do they sometimes need to be lubed up?.....Also if greasing is fine is what I did to it ok or is there another alternative?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
anyone?
I show 14 minutes since the original post. Patience grasshopper!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol my bad this is just kinda freaking me out cause it came out of nowhere
Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I show 14 minutes since the original post. Patience grasshopper!
Bump
Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #7

Update: so earlier I put grease on my finger and just rubbed it around the carrier bearing and where the shaft mean. The noise is gone . I do have a little play in the shaft but that is normal play.... so I dont know what the next step is but its totally silent now..l also I was under the truck and could not find a damn ZERK for the life of me I saw the little pins that are on the ends of the shafts do I have to take those out to find the zerks????
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #9
too many clowns, not enough circuses.
daftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: François Dillinger
daftcon's Tacoma Gallery
^^ HAHA it worked for me, however i skipped right down to the picture instead of reading your post.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
Those are some epic boobs. ohh yeah carrier bearing, um boobs are better. Well they don't have a zerk. You can tell if they are bad if you get a vibration in your drive train.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #13
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #14
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What was the question , I saw the titties on the home page
Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
I'd replace it if the grease did shut it up cuz it is a sealed bearing. Bearing is basically going to be telling you again soon with a vibration feeling. You got 5 years out of it. Offroad and water kills them.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #16

no i know there is no zerks on the Carrier i thought there would be some at least somewhere on the shaft well I went back out there and Realized that where my angle was on the carrier bearing the rubber boot was being rubbed by the shaft which was rotating which was making the continuing squeak noise only in reverse because when you reverse the shaft shifts a little so I need to get a carrier drop kit to fix that angle because of my lift.

I only put a little grease around the outside of the boot and that made that noise stop because its not longer just rubber to metal
Old 01-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #17

dude I never use punctuation outside of school. lol UCR has burnt me out and you should know that mike lol
Old 01-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #18
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post

Get it replaced. Also, use punctuation.

LOL
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #19
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcon View Post
^^ HAHA it worked for me, however i skipped right down to the picture instead of reading your post.
x2
Old 01-12-2011, 08:14 AM   #20
sardog2111 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: BM
sardog2111's Tacoma Gallery
bearing

I bought an aftermarket bearing from my local driveshaft place. It was 63 dollars out the door. very easy install, the 01-04 Carrier Bearing is the same according to the book. If you go to the stealership and buy one bring some of that lube for your A$$. To repalce it is not that hard if you have a buddy and some decent mechanic skills. MARK YOUR DRIVESHAFT..... it is a few hour job but can be done in the garage with basc tools.