Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trd Offroad Vs Stock FJ wheels

View Poll Results: Which wheels do you prefer?
TRD Offroad wheels 48 48.48%
Stock FJ wheels 51 51.52%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
NamBam has a spectacular aura aboutNamBam has a spectacular aura about

NamBam's Tacoma Gallery
Trd Offroad Vs Stock FJ wheels

Currently have billies @ 2.5'' and 1.5 AAL on the taco. Planning on getting some BFG ATs (265/75/16 - 265/70/17) sometime in the next few weeks. I like both OR and FJ wheels but still not sure if I want to save a few bucks or have a more updated look. Opinions, photos and votes will be appreciated.

TRD Offroad Wheels

FJ Wheels
Old 01-12-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
i think the FJ wheels are good, but too clean for the offroad.

too much like the sport
Old 01-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I lean the other way, I think the FJ wheels look just different enough to catch someone's eye on a Tacoma. That'd be my choice.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
I like the FJ wheels as well...similar to what's on the TRD Sport I have?? From what I've heard from most off-roaders you'll have better off-road capable tire selection with the 16's vs the 17's...good luck--
Old 01-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
paint your wheels black and then smile when you see how much monies you saved
Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post

Looks great!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, I'm trying to find a different centercap to make them look a little meaner, but no luck
Old 01-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Are the FJ wheels direct bolt on for the 05+ Tacoma or do you need a spacer?
If so, what size spacer?
Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Are the FJ wheels direct bolt on for the 05+ Tacoma or do you need a spacer?
If so, what size spacer?
I'm not running a spacer
Old 01-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #12
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
Of course Red is always a good color to view

It still looks factory, but different than everyone else's
Attached Thumbnails
Trd Offroad Vs Stock FJ wheels-satoshi.jpg  
Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (krt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in this same boat, I have a set of FJ wheels but dont know if I want to use them yet. I'm waiting for my tires to wear out before I make my decision
Old 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
Rhody76 will become famous soon enough
Name: Chris
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
To the guys running the FJ wheels, those are 17" right? I was considering buying a set to replace my 16" steelies on my 2011 DC but wasnt sure if they would bolt right on with no problems....
Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #15

NamBam's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the posted photos. Those are some good looking tacos. Either route, the taco still looks good imo.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #16
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
off road all the way
Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #17
thebikeguy is on a distinguished road

thebikeguy's Tacoma Gallery
i like the offroad wheels b/c they're 16s..i think 17s look better with more lift. just my opinion tho
Old 01-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #18

NamBam's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean setup overall bikeguy.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #19
thebikeguy is on a distinguished road

thebikeguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamBam View Post
Very clean setup overall bikeguy.
thanks bud!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #20
Pusher52 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Pusher
Pusher52's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a new '11 DC long bed, waiting to upgrade the wheels as well. Not a fan of either of the FJ or original TRD wheels, too basic. Wish more wheels were offered in pyrite mica