1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just got the rear leaf TSB done, but...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Snake~, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:01 AM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    Called them this morning, told them what happened. They were very apologetic and embarrassed and agreed to give me a free loaner while they re-do it. I guess all's well that ends well, but it's still hard to believe they could make such stupid mistake. :facepalm:

2. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    Thats the original part number on those!

3. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    My dealer did the same thing, I just put in a toytec AAL and 5100's and called it a day

4. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    The sad thing is that I'm not surprised.

5. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM
    ppeter

ppeter Nerdfighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Twin Falls Idaho
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 & 10 DC 4x4 Offroad
    PreRunner: Added fogs, cruise, Trailer hitch, TRD wheels & rugged trail T/A's, window tint. D/C: Duratrac's, Viper Smartstart, window tint.
    I had the dealer order the parts for a 2010 trd tsb a couple weeks ago. They sent a card yesterday saying they got my parts in (2 rear shocks 2 front shocks). With no mention of springs? I didn't think shocks had anything to do with it.

6. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    They only replace the shocks if You have a base or SR5 model

7. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:58 AM
    ppeter

ppeter Nerdfighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Twin Falls Idaho
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 & 10 DC 4x4 Offroad
    PreRunner: Added fogs, cruise, Trailer hitch, TRD wheels & rugged trail T/A's, window tint. D/C: Duratrac's, Viper Smartstart, window tint.
    Yep....that's what the tsb pdf that I read...printed out...and took to them said. The service manager was basically yelling that if they did the tsb I would hate it...haha...and that it was a weaker spring that they were going to put it. According to him the 4 pack is weaker than the three pack. I thought the fight to get them to do this in the first place was over.
    I'm afraid they will leave the springs alone and maybe they would want to replace the trd shock with a base shock??? I guess I need to go and ask to look at the parts before they work on it. Why must they be so incompetent?

8. Jan 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    I thought about doing that too. I probably am going to lift it at some point, but I can't right now. Besides after 2 trips to the dealership and several hours without the truck, I had to make them do it over and do it right!

9. Jan 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    fortyniner

fortyniner Active Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 4x4
    Before I took my truck in for the TSB I crawled under the truck with a can of bright blue spray paint and sprayed a patch on ever part that was supposed to be replaced. Credit to my dealer they did it all according to the TSB and even gave a ticket for a wash.

10. Jan 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    IS this tsb something that everyone should do? OR just if towing heavy? OR just certain year?

Products Discussed in

To Top