Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Preventing vehicle theft

Old 01-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Preventing vehicle theft

What are people doing to keep vehicle thieves at bay?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
^ x2.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery

oh wait... not IN the bay
Old 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I saw this guy walk out of his car with his steering wheel in hand. I was like... wtf? Funny stuff. Alarm for me. I guess if worse case scenario I get Low Jacked activated. Hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
I have full coverage and GAP insurance...come take it, I don't care
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
NRA sticker in back window...
They'll probably break in to steal your gun.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #9
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Newb View Post
I have full coverage and GAP insurance...come take it, I don't care
moral hazard
Old 01-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery

I'm not really sure its the norm though...

Gets kinda chilly out this time of year.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XTaco View Post

I'm not really sure its the norm though...

Gets kinda chilly out this time of year.
Well... There would definitely not be much of the guy who is stealing it!

But... There wouldn't be much of your truck either...
Old 01-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
radioactivemint is on a distinguished road
radioactivemint's Tacoma Gallery
I smear lambs blood above the doors.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #15
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Are you the one who bombed my truck the other day?

I have you know I had to go wash the explosives residue off my paint after the dust settled!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
radioactivemint is on a distinguished road
radioactivemint's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Wow, this has been really informative. Thanks
There's not much you can really do. Get an alarm, park under light and by the front doors of the shops you're visiting when you can, and get good insurance. If a knowledgable criminal really wants your vehicle, he's going to be able to take it without much problem.

There are also GPS tracking systems, for recovery purposes.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has the factory security keys just as all the v6s do. I am sure someone somewhere knows how to defeat the system, but by then they would just bring a tow truck or trailer. You could put in a fuel pump kill switch to slow them down I suppose. I don't think alarms do much unless you can hear it yourself and run outside.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #18
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivemint View Post
I smear lambs blood above the doors.
Why kill an innocent lamb for its blood to smear when you get some on a monthly basis from your wife or gf?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #19
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Why kill an innocent lamb for its blood to smear when you get some on a monthly basis from your wife or gf?
wow! thats pretty sick haha
Old 01-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #20
Zombie Response Team
ROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
ROCKSLINGER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
I saw this guy walk out of his car with his steering wheel in hand. I was like... wtf? Funny stuff. Alarm for me. I guess if worse case scenario I get Low Jacked activated. Hope it doesn't come to that.
I just read in 4wdtoyotaowner magazine that Grant makes a removable steering wheel for 2nd gen toyota. I wouldnt risk not having my air bag over my truck getting stolen.

This is my vote!!