Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is it fair to get charged the extra for a truck that is lifted?

Old 01-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #21
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I would insist that the service manager go over the repair procedure in detail with me and show me exactly what "extra work" would have to be done.
This is probably the best way to negotiate if you don't have a choice in dealerships. Break it down in detail. If you can't get the $125 waived, you can probably get it reduced to an amount less ridiculous.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #22
kauairandall is on a distinguished road
Name: randall
kauairandall's Tacoma Gallery
good news... never got the extra labor cost for the height on the truck.. and they reprogrammed the ecu with the foot pedal acceleration problem.. gave me brand new floor mats with no cost.. although i prefer the original mats..
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #23
Nightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
Nightfury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtwistd View Post
As a Toyta Tech all I have to say is they are full of SHIT. I dont care if its lifted or not

I'm with this guy. The only way you can justify adding time to a repair because your truck is lifted is if it's related to the lift. I have added some time to alignments in the past because a lift kit has thrown some alignment angles waaaay out of spec, and required modification to some suspension components to make it work, but to repair a well-known (TSB) ENGINE issue? Call the B.S. card on these guys, put the $125 bucks towards a ferry ride and take your truck to a different dealer.

As a tech at a Toyota dealer, this pisses me off.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #24
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Tell him your going to stab him
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #25
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauairandall View Post
good news... never got the extra labor cost for the height on the truck.. and they reprogrammed the ecu with the foot pedal acceleration problem.. gave me brand new floor mats with no cost.. although i prefer the original mats..
Glad to hear it!
You should have asked: If your truck was lowered would you get a discount for the repair?? LOL!!!

Boy the things ServCo will try and get you for? BS!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #26
Nightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
Nightfury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can go back and request your original floor mats back. All that you have to do is sign a waiver saying you release Toyota from liability if you get in a wreck because your floor mat caused your gas pedal to stick. If they say you can't have them back, call Toyota Motor Sales, USA (I can get a customer experience line, don't know it off hand) and complain. You'll get your originals back. Anything related to the floor mat recall is very, very touchy for Toyota.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #27
© "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!
NoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
NoMallCrawlTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You know what really kills me?
If you buy a "Upgraded" vehicle from a dealership and it comes with new tires and wheels...

They charge you for them. On top of the factory and dealership price for a vehicle that comes with tires and wheels.

So shouldn't get to the "Original" Tires and wheels that came on the truck!?
You are paying for them, RIGHT?

Car Dealerships are like Attorneys! FUCKING SCUMBAGS! Not a good one in the whole lot!

Get screwed at the drive through!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #28
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
kinda off topic a smidge, but wheres the best spot to look (top/bottom/sides?) for a leak on the cover?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
kinda off topic a smidge, but wheres the best spot to look (top/bottom/sides?) for a leak on the cover?

heres the link to the actual toyota TSB on the timing cover leak.. the leak starts on the front passenger side of the motor.. around the power steering pump between the timing cover and engine block.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ead.php?t=7234
Old 01-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #30
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
heres the link to the actual toyota TSB on the timing cover leak.. the leak starts on the front passenger side of the motor.. around the power steering pump between the timing cover and engine block.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ead.php?t=7234
AHHH thank you every so much!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #32
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
All lies, typical dealership bs.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraether View Post
All lies, typical dealership bs.
right on that one....