Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

eibach springs vs. stock springs on billys

Old 01-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
1 loud trd is on a distinguished road
Name: Rex
1 loud trd's Tacoma Gallery
eibach springs vs. stock springs on billys

I'm installing a lift in my 2005 DC Tacoma and I'm using 5100's to achieve the front lift. I'm just wondering whether it's better to go with the eibach springs @ .85 or the stock springs @ 2.5?? What are the advantages/disadvantages for either one, I'd really appreciate some insight on this, thanks guys!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
Can't get into the technical stuff, cause I really don't know... But I have the eibachs with 5100's at .85. The ride is great and I'm completely happy with how it turned out.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
nrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
nrm's Tacoma Gallery
I was under the impression you should only use the 5100's set at 0" if you're running aftermarket coils.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...need-know.html

"Bilstien 5100's http://www.bilsteinus.com/leveling/ARTICLE.pdf
This is a great affordable lift kit. These replacement shocks are great to add a few inches to the front of your Tacoma, it is adjustable and have a slightly better valving system than the stock shocks that come with the Tacoma's. (But please take note NO One recommends it to be used in conjunction with after market coils) This may result in damage of your suspension components.
Adjustment heights
1 - 0"
2 - 0.85"
3 - 1.75"
4 - 2.5"
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm View Post
I was under the impression you should only use the 5100's set at 0" if you're running aftermarket coils.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...need-know.html

"Bilstien 5100's http://www.bilsteinus.com/leveling/ARTICLE.pdf
This is a great affordable lift kit. These replacement shocks are great to add a few inches to the front of your Tacoma, it is adjustable and have a slightly better valving system than the stock shocks that come with the Tacoma's. (But please take note NO One recommends it to be used in conjunction with after market coils) This may result in damage of your suspension components.
Adjustment heights
1 - 0"
2 - 0.85"
3 - 1.75"
4 - 2.5"
with the eibachs you can use 0 or .85 just no higher of a setting
Old 01-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
nrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
nrm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
with the eibachs you can use 0 or .85 just no higher of a setting
Ah, good to know. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I'm going to use the stock coils for now and set the billys @ 2.5. I could use the money that the eibachs would've cost me to buy some wheel spacers...I'll just save until the stock springs go bad and then maybe some CO's! Thanks again!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I would do it right the frist time. I went with a AAL for my rear and they sagged within 4 months and now I'm doing it the way I should of "new leaf pack"
Old 01-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I would do it right the frist time. I went with a AAL for my rear and they sagged within 4 months and now I'm doing it the way I should of "new leaf pack"
Were you hauling a lot of weight? Where did you get your AAL? I got mine from toytec...it's the 2" b/c my truck doesn't have the TSB leafs. I don't haul anything with my truck and I don't plan on doing any hardcore off-roading.