Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 and TSB

Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
peachc99 is on a distinguished road
peachc99's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 and TSB

Alright, so I pulled the trigger and bought all around new set of Bilstein 5100's from Down South Motor Sports! I have my truck going in for the rear TSB to be done next Wednesday at the dealer. Would you guys have the dealer install the Bilstein's while doing the TSB or do it after / before? I know they have to do the alignment, even though my Taco is a 2011, but wasn't sure if I would be raked over the coals if they did the front shocks too.

Just want a level Taco!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
They would probably screw you on labor, and give you bullshit about leveling it. Get them done before, or after. Either way it will get re aligned
Old 01-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
most people have them do it,saves you the coin of getting another alignment.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to do the same but my dealer would not install an aftermarket part. You're better off getting it done elsewhere. I had mine installed and aligned for $125.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
peachc99 is on a distinguished road
peachc99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
I was going to do the same but my dealer would not install an aftermarket part. You're better off getting it done elsewhere. I had mine installed and aligned for $125.

That's unbelievable difference. I called for a price from the dealer and was given $340 for the install, while at the same time having the TSB done. I have to look elsewhere, for $340 I'll do it myself, was don't have time right now! Where did you get yours installed? Just a local shop?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You can easily do the rears after the tsb. Don't even need to jack it up or remove wheels. Just crawl underneath and remove bolts and pry them out. To install 5100s: install top bolt, compress shock with a bench-press motion, and place bottom bolt. Very simple. Fronts I did myself too but more of a project. Took front coil shock assembly to big-O tire shop and had them compress coils and replace shocks ($50-60) then I reinstalled.