1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Drivers Clunk

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ryanr623, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Jan 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    ryanr623

ryanr623 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have the notorious front end clunk. Since I have the comprehensive and certified platinum extended warranty, that covers literally everything but brakes, belts and body/interior panels, I am taking it in, and will advise everyone what the issue is, so as to help people who have the same problem.

Problem:

Front drivers side clunks (sounds like near wheel well) when going over certain bumps, and almost every time i turn right and back again (doesn't have to be all the way turned), and sometimes when hitting the brakes.

For those of you with the same problems, I will advise what the techs say tomorrow. Feel free to ask "does your truck do this" questions to see if your problem is the same.

2. Jan 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    Duff Man

Duff Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    AEM CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, DT headers, all speakers replaced with (2) 10's and amp behind rear seats, color matched grill, grillcraft, projector headlights, 8000k HID's, DC Torque wheels, 3" Toytec lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks.
    My truck was doing about the same thing, and it wound up needing new control arm bushings.

3. Jan 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    ryanr623

ryanr623 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hmmmmm let me take a look and see if it is covered...... yep. Surprised at a lot of what is covered in the suspension/steering areas. Shocks, springs, bushings bearings, rack and pinion, tie rods, knuckles, ball joints, seals and gaskets..... and a lot more.

Im assuming yours was under warranty as well. Remember what the dealer charged toyota? I wanna milk the warranty for as much as i can :p

4. Feb 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    ???? Update?

Products Discussed in

To Top