Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ebay find: hood struts 2005+

Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
ebay find: hood struts 2005+

QuickLIFT:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2014-To...-/310756109052

QuickLIFT PLUS:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2014-To...-/281175022495

QuickLIFT ELITE:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2014-To...-/310756115985

Color Install Instructions PDF: http://www.redlinetuning.com/manuals...OMA_05+102.pdf

not my product but i've had these on my previous car and they were bad ass. there is a 2 and 4 year warranty on these. the only thing holding me back from these going onto my tacoma is that for the tacoma it's not bolt on as it was for my honda. just thought some of you might be interested.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
olgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really nice
olgzr's Tacoma Gallery
What is the difference between the three kits? If there are others on the forum that have these, how are they performing? Thanks.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Posted on a group buy about a year ago. Mine are still sitting on the bench....

BLACK IS PLUS

RED IS ELITEQuickLIFT QuickLIFT ELITE

ROD
  • Gas-spring uses a strong annealed steel rod with a Nitride coating for added corrosion resistance (black in color).
  • Cycle Tested by independent lab over 73,000 times - gas-springs deviated less than 1% of initial rated force.
  • The ultimate 316L stainless steel rod and tube, precision ground and highly polished (silver in color).
  • Uses proprietary Hard Chrome plating with Passivation option for superior corrosion protection
TUBE
  • E-Coat black painted steel tube
  • E-Coat paint gives up to 480 hr. salt spray
  • Heavy wall thickness for better dent resistance and low stress
  • Full Stainless Steel construction. All stainless steel parts also have prepared surfaces to give additional hardness and corrosion resistance.
  • Heavier wall thickness for better dent resistance and low stress
PISTON PACK
  • Labyrinth design, uses carefully engineered oil passages.
  • Uses threaded nut design and 100% tested
  • Not temperature or viscosity sensitive. Consistent damping through the oil and Nitrogen gas.
  • Self-cleaning orifice reduces clogging & prevents lockup
  • Short Orifice
  • Not temperature or viscosity sensitive. Consistent damping through the oil and Nitrogen gas.
  • Orbitally riveted & 100% tested
SEAL/ BUSHING PACKAGE
  • Dynamic Seal
  • Excellent at high pressures
  • Accepts misalignment
  • Tolerates some contaminates
  • Stands up to vibration
  • Withstands side-loading
  • Multi-lobe Dynamic Seal
  • Teflon washer acts as wiper
  • Lubricated tapered bronze bushing prevents cocking and lockup
  • Excellent at high pressure
  • Accepts misalignment
  • Stands up to vibration
GAS SPRING ASSEMBLY
  • Gas springs cycle reliably at temperatures ranging from -40°F to 180°F
  • Excellent at low temperatures
  • Withstands 410F paint oven
  • Low parts count (less error)
  • Prevents cocking & sticking
  • Patented assembly process
  • All Metal Construction
MOUNTING BRACKETS
  • Zinc-plated Steel brackets with ball-stud end fittings for gas-spring attachment
  • Black powder-coated brackets made from Zinc-plated Steel
  • Each bracket has a ball-stud fitting for gas-spring attachment
MOUNTING HARDWARE
  • Steel rivets and hardened steel self-tapping screws (components vary based on Quick-Lift design)
  • Steel rivets and hardened steel self-tapping screws (components vary based on Quick-Lift design)
Warranty
  • 2 years, all parts included.
  • 4 years, all parts included.

Whether you choose the QuickLIFT, QuickLIFT PLUS or QuickLIFT ELITE, all of Hood QuickLIFT systems install and operate the same - you are paying for component upgrades in quality and finish as you work your way from the QuickLIFT to the QuickLIFT ELITE. Installation could not be easier with our full-color installation manuals - customers always comment on the simplicity and excellent function once installed - we engineer our systems specific to each vehicle. Whether or not your system comes with our black e-coated gas springs (QuickLIFT and QuickLIFT PLUS) or our full 316L Stainless steel (QuickLIFT ELITE) we include progressive spring valving to allow the final few inches of travel to be slow and controlled. Just start to lift your hood and let our hood QuickLIFT system finish the job.

Our base QuickLIFT system includes:
* Black e-coated gas springs, custom valved for slow release at end-of-stroke
* Zinc-plated mounting hardware (silver in color)
* Full-color installation manual
* 2 year warranty
Our QuickLIFT PLUS system includes (all-black system):
* Black powder-coated zinc-plated mounting hardware (black in color)
* 2 year warranty
Our QuickLIFT ELITE system includes:
* 316L Stainless steel gas springs, custom valved for slow release at end-of-stroke
* 4 year warranty
Redline Tuning does NOT believe in universal hood lift systems - each of our systems is designed to be installed on the intended vehicle... we allow for variations in hood type and aftermarket hoods ARE designed to work with our QuickLIFT system. All of the required components are included in the package whether you have a stock or after-market hood. __________________
Old 01-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen these mentioned around the forums already before. It's definitely going into my Want category, for when I get some extra cash.

On another note, I've seen the tailgate assist has a negative review on here, simply because it's a VERY tight fit for our tailgates.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
chee heee
Old 01-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
I have the elite(stainless steel) hood struts, they're sick
x2
Old 01-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks bb609 for explaining everything cause i wouldn't know. lol
Old 01-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
my 08 4runner came from the factory with hood lifts... strange the taco doesnt.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 01-16-2011, 02:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycart1201 View Post
my 08 4runner came from the factory with hood lifts... strange the taco doesnt.

Nathan
ycart1201
think they'll fit the taco? are they bolt on or riveted? (:
Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
think they'll fit the taco? are they bolt on or riveted? (:
Yup, they'll fit.

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-TOY-TACOMA-95+.html

I like the idea of the EZDown tailgate assist, but as I stated above, it's had negative reviews on here because it's a really tight fit for us.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
Vandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant futureVandy has a brilliant future
Name: Jake
Vandy's Tacoma Gallery
Just so you know - i bought mine a month ago directly from redline a month ago. You can get them cheaper through redline tuning: http://www.redlinetuning.com/products_quicklift.html

Install was easy and they are awesome. Wish I had got them a couple years ago. I'll be installing these on any vehicle I own from now on that comes with a prop rod.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgzr View Post
What is the difference between the three kits? If there are others on the forum that have these, how are they performing? Thanks.
One blows out in the box before you put it on... the others blow out in 6 months.. then a year for the "elite".
Old 01-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
One blows out in the box before you put it on... the others blow out in 6 months.. then a year for the "elite".
I take it you've had a negative experience with these?

Mind sharing details?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #16
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
I take it you've had a negative experience with these?

Mind sharing details?
Not those in particular.. but both junk from ebay and typical extenders.

Stuff sold on ebay either only or as an add on to crappy drop ship sites is on there for a reason. It sucks. It wouldnt stand up to scrutiny in a store and isn't worth retail space. Parts like that are frequently aiming at low end car customizers. Probably the 2nd best target for crap sales next to shut-ins. Usually under educated, young, and poor. WHich sucks if your hobby crosses paths with theirs.. or you happen to be them.

As for extenders other than A FEW factory installed air oil extender dealies like that... they are usually crap. My tool box is full of oil from them, half the used cars that come with them on the hood or lift gate are done in a couple years.. an that's oem quality.

Compressed under the hood with hundreds of degrees of engine heat will destroy them in short order. Thres a reason they're not on cars often. Do they do them on anything anymore? They were popular for a bit in the 90s.

I could be wrong.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
Yup, they'll fit.

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-TOY-TACOMA-95+.html

I like the idea of the EZDown tailgate assist, but as I stated above, it's had negative reviews on here because it's a really tight fit for us.
if you read the post that i quoted, i was asking if the toyota OEM gas hood dampers for the 4-runner would fit and work on the tacoma. and if they were bolted on or riveted.

hahaha i don't like making aftermarket holes into my vehicles.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #18
dhthompson1 is on a distinguished road
dhthompson1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
Posted on a group buy about a year ago. Mine are still sitting on the bench....

BLACK IS PLUS

RED IS ELITEQuickLIFT QuickLIFT ELITE

ROD
  • Gas-spring uses a strong annealed steel rod with a Nitride coating for added corrosion resistance (black in color).
  • Cycle Tested by independent lab over 73,000 times - gas-springs deviated less than 1% of initial rated force.
  • The ultimate 316L stainless steel rod and tube, precision ground and highly polished (silver in color).
  • Uses proprietary Hard Chrome plating with Passivation option for superior corrosion protection
TUBE
  • E-Coat black painted steel tube
  • E-Coat paint gives up to 480 hr. salt spray
  • Heavy wall thickness for better dent resistance and low stress
  • Full Stainless Steel construction. All stainless steel parts also have prepared surfaces to give additional hardness and corrosion resistance.
  • Heavier wall thickness for better dent resistance and low stress
PISTON PACK
  • Labyrinth design, uses carefully engineered oil passages.
  • Uses threaded nut design and 100% tested
  • Self-cleaning orifice reduces clogging & prevents lockup
  • Short Orifice
  • Orbitally riveted & 100% tested
SEAL/ BUSHING PACKAGE
  • Dynamic Seal
  • Excellent at high pressures
  • Accepts misalignment
  • Stands up to vibration
  • Multi-lobe Dynamic Seal
  • Teflon washer acts as wiper
  • Lubricated tapered bronze bushing prevents cocking and lockup
  • Excellent at high pressure
  • Accepts misalignment
  • Stands up to vibration
GAS SPRING ASSEMBLY
  • Patented assembly process
  • All Metal Construction
MOUNTING BRACKETS
  • Zinc-plated Steel brackets with ball-stud end fittings for gas-spring attachment
  • Black powder-coated brackets made from Zinc-plated Steel
  • Each bracket has a ball-stud fitting for gas-spring attachment
MOUNTING HARDWARE
Warranty
  • 2 years, all parts included.
  • 4 years, all parts included.

Whether you choose the QuickLIFT, QuickLIFT PLUS or QuickLIFT ELITE, all of Hood QuickLIFT systems install and operate the same - you are paying for component upgrades in quality and finish as you work your way from the QuickLIFT to the QuickLIFT ELITE. Installation could not be easier with our full-color installation manuals - customers always comment on the simplicity and excellent function once installed - we engineer our systems specific to each vehicle. Whether or not your system comes with our black e-coated gas springs (QuickLIFT and QuickLIFT PLUS) or our full 316L Stainless steel (QuickLIFT ELITE) we include progressive spring valving to allow the final few inches of travel to be slow and controlled. Just start to lift your hood and let our hood QuickLIFT system finish the job.

Our base QuickLIFT system includes:
* Zinc-plated mounting hardware (silver in color)
* 2 year warranty
Our QuickLIFT PLUS system includes (all-black system):
* 2 year warranty
Our QuickLIFT ELITE system includes:
* 316L Stainless steel gas springs, custom valved for slow release at end-of-stroke
* 4 year warranty
Redline Tuning does NOT believe in universal hood lift systems - each of our systems is designed to be installed on the intended vehicle... we allow for variations in hood type and aftermarket hoods ARE designed to work with our QuickLIFT system. All of the required components are included in the package whether you have a stock or after-market hood. __________________
I know this is an old thread, but I haven't seen recent conversation regarding redline tuning's hood struts. Are there currently any group buys or promotions going on?

Thanks!

Dan
Old 01-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #20
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Got the basic one directly from redlinetuning. Still holding up for about a year or so now. Highly recommend it.

As for the DeeZee easy tailgate assist, I got one that I installed about a week ago. Pretty much agree with all the negative reviews. I ended up removing the cable support on the driver side and just kept the strut in place. I think the one flaw is that the strut is to thick. If they had it with a thinner strut, then it'll work.