Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My CB Installation (in detail)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #121
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #122
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
Wow lots of good stuff here. I cant wait to get my CB (some time after the holiday)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #123
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
that spot for cb would drive me crazy. especially with all the wire showing before it runs under the seat. i mounted mine here:

Love that location. One question tho, what keeps the coin tray from opening?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #124
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Love that location. One question tho, what keeps the coin tray from opening?
the wires that i run between the lower dash plastic and the bottom of the coin tray keep it really friggin tight actually. i just closed mine, and it stay there, doesnt even rattle or anything
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #125
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #126
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPROMAN View Post
What speaker is that in the cubby?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #128
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
probably just an external speaker for his cb
I know that is what it was for I was just curious on the specifics.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #129
kwofford10 is on a distinguished road

kwofford10's Tacoma Gallery
I disliked the idea of mounting a radio sidways to the side on the counsel so I mounted her up high unlike any others I have seen on here. I got a Cobra 29 in the rig, A mild peak and tune, Talk back, Swapped out the meter light, and I run a DM Superstar 452 MIC on my external speaker with a Wilson 1000 Mag Mount. She does real good, almost as good as my base station
Attached Thumbnails
My CB Installation (in detail)-img_1109.jpg   My CB Installation (in detail)-img_1107.jpg   My CB Installation (in detail)-img_1111.jpg   My CB Installation (in detail)-img_1116.jpg   My CB Installation (in detail)-img_1124.jpg  

My CB Installation (in detail)-img_1113.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #130
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Can you see out the rear view mirror? Erm, not that you could see much out of it anyway.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #131
Old Man
dwsyab is on a distinguished road

Name: David
dwsyab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwofford10 View Post
I disliked the idea of mounting a radio sidways to the side on the counsel so I mounted her up high unlike any others I have seen on here. I got a Cobra 29 in the rig, A mild peak and tune, Talk back, Swapped out the meter light, and I run a DM Superstar 452 MIC on my external speaker with a Wilson 1000 Mag Mount. She does real good, almost as good as my base station
I like the location. How did you run the coax cable and power? Did you have to remove the ceiling panel during the install and if so, are there any issue with inadvertently setting off the side air curtains?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Can you see out the rear view mirror? Erm, not that you could see much out of it anyway.
I can see out the rear view mirror great. You can see the cord but that is why i run my mic cord up and over. I thought it was going to be an issue but I dont even notice the radio much anymore. Have had it up there for a year.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsyab View Post
I like the location. How did you run the coax cable and power? Did you have to remove the ceiling panel during the install and if so, are there any issue with inadvertently setting off the side air curtains?
I simply lifted the edge of the headliner down and stuffed my power, coax, PA wires and external speakers all up along the window edge without issues. Everything runs down the A pillar and then splits behind the dash besides the coax, which I ran along the drivers side edge of the headliner back to where the 3rd break light enters the cab. I never dropped the headliner, only removed the plastic pillars all the way back and pulled the edge down enough to feed the coax. I did expose the airbags along the A pillar but I made sure all my wires would not affect the operation of the bag.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #134
Tacomafreak is on a distinguished road
Name: Zach
Tacomafreak's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up with lots of info! Subd!!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #135
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
ill be doing your install this week. just bought all the equip.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #136
digitaLbraVo is on a distinguished road
digitaLbraVo's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if this thread has been abandoned or what, and I'll be honest I didn't read 7 pages so if it's been talked about just link me and scold me!

How did you ground the antenna mount? I've mounted mine on the driver's sidewall of the bed and I'm getting 3.0:1 SWR on 1, 19, and 40 no matter what I try. I attempted some hacky ground wire setups but not had any luck on it, I was just trying to see if I could get it to work before figuring out something permanent/clean.

Great install by the way! AWESOME documentation of the process!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #137
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaLbraVo View Post
I don't know if this thread has been abandoned or what, and I'll be honest I didn't read 7 pages so if it's been talked about just link me and scold me!

How did you ground the antenna mount? I've mounted mine on the driver's sidewall of the bed and I'm getting 3.0:1 SWR on 1, 19, and 40 no matter what I try. I attempted some hacky ground wire setups but not had any luck on it, I was just trying to see if I could get it to work before figuring out something permanent/clean.

Great install by the way! AWESOME documentation of the process!
i used an NGP antenna so i didnt have to worry about the ground. but the bed itself is not a valid ground. you will have find a metal location that is connected to frame in some way. also make sure that there is no paint on the location that you are grounding to (scrape it off if you have to). others can chime in as to their experiences.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #138
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
i used an NGP antenna so i didnt have to worry about the ground. but the bed itself is not a valid ground. you will have find a metal location that is connected to frame in some way. also make sure that there is no paint on the location that you are grounding to (scrape it off if you have to). others can chime in as to their experiences.
Where'd you put your antenna? I'm using a NGP as well but can't get decent numbers.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #139
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Where'd you put your antenna? I'm using a NGP as well but can't get decent numbers.
attached to the bed rail behind the cab. does your antenna have a length adjustment?
Old 05-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #140
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
attached to the bed rail behind the cab. does your antenna have a length adjustment?
I didn't realize you were the OP, doesn't show it on the phone, or I would have gone to the 1st post. I have a NGP 3' firestick II, and have it in the same spot just tucked further into the corner. I have tried moving the tip but can't seem to get it to an acceptable range.

Here's 3 sets of readings SWR readings:
Ch1. 3 / 2.3 / 3
Ch19. 1.4 / 1.3 / 1.4
Ch40. 2.7 / 3 / 3

Products Discussed in this Thread