Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My 2011 TRD Off Road Beauty

Old 01-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
GeoTaco1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Geo
GeoTaco1's Tacoma Gallery
My 2011 TRD Off Road Beauty

I am afraid I may have caught the Tacoma Mod Virus!!!

The wife thinks I am crazy and too old to start playing with cars again, because she knows I was a motor head when I was younger.

But I had to add some weight in the back so I boxed it out so the sand bags will not move, plus I created compartments in the bed. The piece of wood on the top is not just to secure the sand bags but I can use it to place the jack in the event I get a flat. It is held down with a clicp for quick removal. I will paint the wood black later in the spring.

I also ordered new tires so if anyone is looking for brand new Rugged Trails with only 240 miles just PM me; they will be off the truck next Friday. I live on Long Island NY.

I am starting slow, so I also ordered the stone/bug deflector and the window wind deflectors and I almost ordered the Bull Bar but I am not sure if it will fit my 2011 or if they are really strong?? Any suggestions for a black bull bar that will stay secure on my 2011 TRD?
Attached Thumbnails
My 2011 TRD Off Road Beauty-_tacomabeauty.jpg   My 2011 TRD Off Road Beauty-_bfg2.jpg   My 2011 TRD Off Road Beauty-_tacoma_mod1.jpg   My 2011 TRD Off Road Beauty-_bfg1.jpg   My 2011 TRD Off Road Beauty-_sand.jpg  

Old 01-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Just be careful those bug deflectors have been know to rub through the paint on the hood.

I have never been a fan of the bull bars so I can't help ya there.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck, and I second the opinion on the bug deflector. I had one on my old truck and it rubbed through the paint.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
cnj41371 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: ICBMS
cnj41371's Tacoma Gallery
bug deflector

Just pulled my bug deflector off and one pad was worn and chipped the paint! Off to the dealer to get this fixed.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
guyjones10 is on a distinguished road

guyjones10's Tacoma Gallery
i went with the avs vent visors and egr aerowrap hood deflector. egr does not have metal clips like toyota version so hood should not be affected. look at aries off-road and steelcraft bull bars. they are just as good a quality as westin and alittle cheaper. i like the bull bar but thinking of going to a black aries or steelcraft brush guard instead. i will post some pics in my gallery to show my bull bar and hood deflector. hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
lilthugoutsoulja is on a distinguished road
lilthugoutsoulja's Tacoma Gallery
amazon.com
Old 01-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
GeoTaco1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Geo
GeoTaco1's Tacoma Gallery
Bugs

I also went with the EGR Aerowrap, which I hope will not cause any paint chips. I have not received it yet.

I also went for the AVS In Channel Ventisors; mostly for the black look around the windows. I don't care if some rain gets in.

I amslo looking for a black bull bar type to provide some front end bumper protection, plus to match the black highlights (roof rack, mirrors, bug deflector, window shields)
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
From everything I've read the bull bars are not strong and will usually do more harm than good to your bumper if you smack something.

Seems they are basically just a place to mount lights mostly. Or if you like the look of them ( I don't really).
Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyjones10 View Post
i went with the avs vent visors and egr aerowrap hood deflector. egr does not have metal clips like toyota version so hood should not be affected. look at aries off-road and steelcraft bull bars. they are just as good a quality as westin and alittle cheaper. i like the bull bar but thinking of going to a black aries or steelcraft brush guard instead. i will post some pics in my gallery to show my bull bar and hood deflector. hope this helps.
x2, brush guard is serve more purpse than a bull bar. however i like the look of a bull bar too....