1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaf trap near lower door hinge

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jward2331, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Jan 17, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    jward2331

jward2331 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    Haven't seen anything about something I found a little while back. I'm just getting around to taking pics and getting the word out.

Open your drivers door (and passenger too) and look forward below the lower hinge. You will see a flat rubber cover on the body side. I enclosed a few pictures. Pull the cover towards you and you will find a ton of leaves and crap behind there.
    I park my truck under a tree a lot of the times and constantly pull leaves out of the gutter where the wipers are and even open the hood to clean them out of the vent area but that eveidently not enough. A lot of stuff accumulates in there.

Note: it appears that the mudflaps are the back wall of this crevis area. So I would guess if you remove your mudflaps it is a great place for stuff to get in from the front. :(

LH full.jpg
    LH side flap.jpg
    RH side empty.jpg

2. Jan 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    The previous owner of my truck parked it outside and I discovered an ants nest in that same spot a few weeks after I bought it. I couldn't figure out why i couldn't get rid of the ants on my truck. I took a shop vac and a water hose to clean all the crud out of there. I park the truck in the garage at home and try not to park under trees (sap) in parking lots.

3. Jan 17, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    same thing happens with my truck i just dont clean it out

4. Jan 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    jward2331

jward2331 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.

:laughing:

5. Jan 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    vbibi

vbibi Well-Known Member

Member:
    san fransisco bay area
    Vehicle:
    2009 4door long bed
    It has to be some drain holes out there to keep the area dry. Otherwise you have to deal with rust as well.
    Thanks, I'll check mine.
    take care
    vbibi:(

Products Discussed in

To Top