Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Painting factory steel skid plate painting

Old 01-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
WickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran of 1st Battalion 3rd Marines
Name: Aaron
WickedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Painting factory steel skid plate painting

Hey guys, I'm new to TacomaWorld (about 20 mins ago) but I've been a huge fan since buying my 2011 DC OR 4x4 back in October. This website and its members have provided a wealth of information since buying my truck, even though I was only reading and not participating.

So I've done a few minor mods but my question here is: Has anyone painted their factory front skid plate? Not the dealer installed silver ones but the actual black painted steel one? I would like to paint it the color of my truck, Silver, but I would like to see some pictures of what it looks like on someones truck that has already done this mod. I'm a huge fan of the search feature, but have had no luck in locating a thread on this. Can you guys help me out?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
WickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the welcome, Oswego. I do intend on rattle canning it with duplicolor, I just wanted to see if someone out there had pics of it painted on there truck.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
frankie is on a distinguished road

Army: desert storm
Name: frank
frankie's Tacoma Gallery
skidplate

thought about doing mine. factory silver... if you paint it will chip... check out my heatshield pic in my gallery pics..its yellow kool
Old 01-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #4

Thanks. That's a pretty cool looking truck, Frankie.