Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Thule 422XT Xsporter Bed Rack.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
Eternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Eternal24k's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Noisy! Until you get the rubber strips like on 2nd Gen roofs to seal the track on the rack. Also they make plastic pieces to cover up the holes on the uprights. After that, no more whistle.
I also had to put 3/4" square tubing behind my bedrails to allow it to drop to lowest position!

do you have any pics of the tubing, or more information as to what tubing you used?
Does it affect the rigidity of the rails?

thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal24k View Post
do you have any pics of the tubing, or more information as to what tubing you used?
Does it affect the rigidity of the rails?

thanks
Whoa! This thread is still around.

Just 3/4"x3/4" aluminum square. No pics. That truck and rack are long gone.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
kraqus is on a distinguished road

kraqus's Tacoma Gallery
I cut 4.5 inches off the bottom on mine in order for the rack to slide to the lowest position. Sure I will not be able to go to the highest position BUT I don't have to as I can clear the roof of the truck and still have another notch if needed.
Seriously as long as you can clear the roof of your truck you should be golden.

Benny
Old 08-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #24
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
subbing
Old 08-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Will this work with the thule luggage cargo boxes too? Thinking of doing something like this for road trips to secure luggage instead of a tonneau cover.

Edit: nevermind, just the rack costs about as much as a foldind tonnaeu cover! No thanks.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #26
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
Ok here are a few pics of where i cut mine. As you can tell i wasn't worried about looks.
From witch website you both this rack?
Old 02-25-2014, 03:25 AM   #27
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
orsracksdirect dot com is one of the cheapest I found...............
Old 02-25-2014, 03:58 AM   #28
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. Like others have said they are not noisy with the rubber strips, without them they wistle. I cut about 5" off the bottom of the racks to allow them to be set an extra notch lower.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:03 AM   #29
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
orsracksdirect dot com is one of the cheapest I found...............
thank you!