Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question For Undercover Classic Tonneau Owners

Old 01-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Rick
Rickochet's Tacoma Gallery
Question For Undercover Classic Tonneau Owners

I was thinking about getting an Uncercover Classic or SE tonneau cover for my truck and have a question for someone who owns one. Does the rear of the cover overlap the tailgate which requires opening the cover every time you want to open the tailgate? If it does is this as big a PITA as I think it might be?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
GerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
GerhartCss's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the classic does overlap the tailgate. I have not found it to be a pain in the ass but have not owned that long. It's a positive to me because it means you don't need a pop and lock in order to make your entire bed secure.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it will prevent the tailgate from opening. You can just lift the cover an inch or so just enough to open the tailgate then drop it back down. Not a big deal the couple times I've had to do it. Most of my stuff I load over the rails, so I just open the cover, and the tailgate doesn't get much use.

I have a classic, and I'm 99% sure the SE works the same.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Rick
Rickochet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerhartCss View Post
Yes, the classic does overlap the tailgate. I have not found it to be a pain in the ass but have not owned that long. It's a positive to me because it means you don't need a pop and lock in order to make your entire bed secure.
I already have a pop and lock so that is not an issue for me. I just wonder if having to mess with two latches and the top every time to open the gate is a pain.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
GerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
GerhartCss's Tacoma Gallery
Since they recommend you lock it every time you are driving I could definitally see it getting old if you are opening and closing it very frequently, like every time you stop the truck. The SE only has one lock on it so that might be a little better.